Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlimited Plan for Home WIFI

carfilm
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello all, just a quick one. I have the £30 Sim Only Unlimited Data plan and are currently in the process of switching my home broadband provider from BT to Virgin however I am going to have a period of time (one month) where I won't have either service as I am taking advantage of a Virgin offer. 

My question is that we currently use over 1500gb of a data a month on the home broadband system ( large family, CCTV & UHD Films etc. If I were to use my sim as a hotspot and download the maxiumum amount possible through the 4g sim card, potenntally being 1000gb a month? Would Vodafone  shut me down due to the excessive usage or would I be ok as it is for home use? I realise it is unlimited but just thought it would be worth asking to see whther anyone else has had any issues etc. 

Many thanks. have a great day. 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Please do check the Terms and conditions from T&C's for any applicable fair usage policies @carfilm 

Fair Usage Policy.pdf 

Unlimited should mean just that.

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  can officially clarify.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Many thanks. Looks like I should be ok as using for home use. 

AnnS

Hi @carfilm 

You may just want to make sure you have a good steady 4G connection, otherwise you may find drop outs and this will be frustrating with your TV connection.

BandOfBrothers

Yes I think so too.

It would be different if Vodafone found out it was for a business  / commercial use etc.

My colleague at work has a 100Gb data allowance on his Vodafone contract and uses that at home to run all types of things without issue @carfilm 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.