Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlimited Tethering

Biz68
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just signed up to one of the new unlimited data plans and trying to find out if tethering/hotspot is also unlimited? Check the terms and conditions and can't find the info anywhere. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

All the info is here on T&C's.

Also unlimited-data-plans.

" No limits, no worries

Worrying about your data allowance will be a thing of the past.

Total phone freedom "

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

The only limit to tethering is ones own data allowance and how long lasts @Biz68 

Appreciate your on unlimited. 

For example my work colleague has 100Gb of Data Allowance on a Vodafone Pay Monthly Contract and he uses it heavily at home with streaming and using his phone as a Hotspot to Tether.

The other factors are that the phones battery will deplete faster and your data allowance will be used up faster if a laptop or tablet or other device that accesses richer data than a phone does. Appreciate your on Unlimited.

Current Phone  >

Thanks for your reply. I probably never need unlimited but I was just curious weather it was actually unlimited as I can't find anywhere stating this. I know there is a 25gb cap abroad so I would imagine there being a cap for tethering as well? Plus it be nice to know in case I do rely on my phone to tether to my laptop so I don't exceed any limits.

BandOfBrothers

All the info is here on T&C's.

Also unlimited-data-plans.

" No limits, no worries

Worrying about your data allowance will be a thing of the past.

Total phone freedom "

Current Phone  >

Fair enough thanks. 

That's good to know.

If tethering is unlimited on the unlimited (5G) mobile broadband plan then why would anyone want to sign up to the home broadband/fixed line and mobile bundled service?

Perhaps there is a benefit of the home broadband/fixed line service. But I can't see one. It would therefore seem that the unlimited mobile broadband service is "cannibalising" the home broadband/fixed line service. If that's the case, then fair enough!

Though I would think the fixed line home broadband service has benefits in simplicity of connecting up to various devices. That's not to say that the mobile broadband service could not do the same, just that that convenience might suit some.

The other benefit of the fixed line mobile broadband service is a landline number - which may be favourable to credit status though this has to be an outdated criteria, given that there are several other ways to prove one's fixed address or stability, e.g. electoral roll, utility bill history, etc.