Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlimited max plan - usage details

chistery
16: Advanced member

Just bought a new unlimited max plan. When I log in. the app or web site doesn't list unlimited texts or calls under plan, and there's no usage details for these either, so I can't see how many texts or calls I've made, as I could on my previous plan with unlimited calls and texts.

Is this just the way Vodafone are doing it for these new plans, or is there some issue with my account? They do appear to be zero-rated but it's nice to see the usage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @chistery - I can confirm that the app now only shows data usage on the Unlimited Plans. I'm on one the older plans and I'm able to see calls, texts and data still. Other colleagues though, who have unlimited data are only showing that and international calls; with the option to view all usage if they scroll across. 

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I agree it would be nice to see what one is using even if it is unlimited.

My Home Broadband is unlimited and thus I have no usage stats on that but it would be nice to see what I'm using nevertheless !

If this is a new contract then it should update once the 1st bill has been produced.

i.e Pro Rata.

Customer services can officially clarify @chistery 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks BandOf Brothers. I did ask customer services whilst I was sorting out everything else, they just said they are unlimited and that was that. My previous red entertainment plan had unlimited calls and texts too, but they were still listed under the plan and showed the usage. Seems odd to remove it for these plans. I can see my data usage at least.

BandOfBrothers

This isn't just Vodafone that do this as far as I'm aware @chistery 

I like to test out others and know o2 do this on my Payg tariff with them.

Only data shows but that's not unlimited. Texts and minutes are.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I was hoping someone else with an unlimited max plan could confirm if it's the same for them I guess in the app.

TJ

Hey @chistery - I can confirm that the app now only shows data usage on the Unlimited Plans. I'm on one the older plans and I'm able to see calls, texts and data still. Other colleagues though, who have unlimited data are only showing that and international calls; with the option to view all usage if they scroll across. 

chistery

Hi @TJ,

Thanks. Good to know it's meant to be like that then. Just seems odd not to list unlimited calls and texts in the plan details and remove the usage, but I'm sure there was a good reason for it :Confused_face:

TJ

No worries @chistery - I'm glad you mentioned it as it was something I was unaware of at least, now I know for future reference. 

I'm guessing they've taken them out with them being unlimited, as it doesn't particularly need to be viewable; I understand that people do still like to keep an eye on things like that though. I'm glad they've left the data option there too. 

If there's anything else you need a hand with, you know where to find us! Happy Holidays too 🎄😊

I spoke to the technical team and its how the plans are set up. If your plan is set up like Unlimited Data, Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts then it will show the usage of data, minutes and texts in My Vodafone app.

If your plan is set up like Unlimited Data, Unlimited Minutes and Texts then it will only show the usage of data only in My Vodafone app. 

Hope this helps.