Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking iphone wrong IMEI + getting PAC code

annahsdavies
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

My vodafone business account has recently ended and I am looking to move onto another network but keep the same number. This means I need to get my device unlocked and get the PAC code for my number but this is proving very difficult. 

When I put in my IMEI number online to get it unlocked I am getting an e-mail saying that the IMEI number is wrong when it's definitely the one that is coming up on my device - has anyone else had this problem?

I also am having issues getting the PAC code as vodafone 'accidentally' cancelled my contract meaning that the number was released back into the pool of numbers. They have since said that the number was still available so reactivated the old contract so I can get the PAC code but there has been no progress - how do I move from here?

Customer services been very unhelpful..

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi.

We're you with a Vodafone business partner for your business contract. If so they should have updated your account info along with the imei number. 

Customer services can raise a request manually to Vodafone nuc unlocking department or can supply a direct email address for you to contact them. 

The only other way I know is to use a Vodafone payg sim card in the phone for 30 days Making calls and sending texts, using data and then use the payg details to request unlock. Unfortunately this would cost a top up. 

Regarding your number and Pac code issue really customer services on the phone should sort this. I think the issue is even with the number not been reassigned it maybe stuck in quarantine. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks Lee - looks like I will have to get in contact with the awful customer services AGAIN and do the payg as a last resort. 

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@annahsdavies

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

@annahsdavies wrote:

Thanks Lee - looks like I will have to get in contact with the awful customer services AGAIN and do the payg as a last resort. 

You're Welcome. :Smiling:

Just keep in mind too that if a person requests too many unlock requests for the same phone in a short period of time then Vodafones systems could flag it up as potentially fraudulent activity which could then cause further issues. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

barnsley3000
4: Newbie

CUT THROUGH ALL THE UNHELPFUL STAFF, STOP BEING PASSED AROUND IN CIRCLES, DON'T BE TREATED AS A PIECE OF DIRT.
DEMAND TO BE DEALT WITH BY CUSTOMER RELATIONS ON 01635 #####, FORCEFULLY REQUEST THEY "MANUALLY UNLOCK" YOUR PHONE. Yes, they actually have a procedure to unlock your phone without a NUC code needed.

I provide this info to allow customers facing the same distress, wasted hours and bottom-level support to achieve a legal resolution with no further issues to themselves.

Heres a bit more detail to the above:

Had a similar issue trying to leave Vodafone (still ongoing). This after a year of mis-billing, contract issue (Vodafone decided to give me a new contract but then billed me nearly £500 for their inability to fix my previous contract (I cancelled my direct debit fortunately - after many hours Vodafone admitted their fault and stopped trying to take the £500 from me), and occasionally cutting off my service without any notice.

Back to the NUC issue. After many hours, complaining, passed around and eventually threats of legal routs (Ombudsman, Watchdog, Ofcom, legal representation) I may have finally been offered a completely new solution.

Spoke to Customer Relations Dept opn 01635 #####. Spoke to Nadine #### who now informs me Vodafone will perform a "manual unlock". This will be done by Vodafone, will not require any action from me and should allow me to use my other provider's SIM card.
I suggest you skip any other form of customer support (I've spent hours doing so and just get given "wait for another 48 hours sir..." then followed by the same non-working NUC code. And the loop goes on.

I am waiting to see if this works, but I made myself very clear on the actions I'm willing to take and this appears to have had the desired effect.

One wonders why not one customer services person (Complaints Dept, Consumer Resolutions Dept, Complaints Dept, NUC "team", Technical Support, In-store staff etc) had ever offered me this option. Any why I took every conceivable threat to get someone at Vodafone to release me.

I'm naturally going to go through the Ombudsman, I'm requesting all audio recordings, all history on my file, and had resorted to making my own audio recordings of my phone calls to Vodafone in an attempt to seek a fair and just punishment / compensation etc.