Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unsatisfied default

KDMcF1982
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Can someone please point me in the correct direction to allow me to pay an outstanding amount currently marked on my credit record as an unsatisfied default?

The ‘debt’ itself is around four years old and relates to an account even older than that and I have no account information. 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Live Chat  or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries is the best routes @KDMcF1982 

They can look into getting the outstanding amount paid off.

But if any default has been placed on your Credit File then that would remain for 6 years  from the original default date, and would then show as Settled instead of Outstanding.

After 6 years it should automatically drop off.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, thanks for the helpful response. All understood re the impact of paying it however still having difficulties with the practical part of that!  I keep getting cut off from live chat. The one time I managed to get through I was given a number for a company called CDX Prime...however that number goes straight to voice mail and the mailbox is full. The voicemail message indicates it is for a different company anyway.

Is there any other route open to me, I don’t use social media and have spent 5-6 hours on this now and am no further forward. Well, very slightly further forward I suppose?!

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @KDMcF1982, you don't have to use social media to contact our team. You can download Facebook Messenger app (for free) and then drop us a private message. You can include a link to this thread to save you from repeating yourself.

Thanks for that however have now created a Twitter account having spent around 6 hours yesterday trying to get your live chat team to tell me who I should contact to make the payment, to no avail. Highlights included being cut off as the issue started to look complicated, telling me to contact Experian about making the payment and failing security despite providing exactly the same answers as on four previous attempts that day.

Currently about 36 hours into the Vodafone twitter ‘service’ experience. Hopefully it doesn’t follow the same theme however all they’ve done so far is ask me to confirm my security details twice.

Thanks for trying to help though, fingers crossed!

Regards, 

Kevin