Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unsuccessfully trying to cancel my account

tsenic
1: Seeker

Hi there,

I have a pay-monthly account with Vodafone that was due to expire in January 2017. I have not used it for the past 18 months as I have been out of the country, so I was keen to get in cancelled right away. As I am out of the country, my phone does not work so I have been contacting Vodafone via online chat only. 

I first contacted Vodafone in December 2016 and someone confirmed that my account would be cancelled in January 2017. However, I received no kind of confirmation that this would be the case. So I wasted yet another hour of my time on online chat in January 2017 to confirm that it was indeed cancelled and no more payments would be taken from my account. 

Unfortunately, a payment was taken out in February 2017, despite the customer service advisors confirming otherwise, and there is no sign that my account is indeed cancelled. I cannot log on to my online space as I cannot receive the text verification code. How can I cancel my account? It has cost me hundreds of pounds for a service I have not used once! Enough is enough! 

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Tara

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @tsenic

Im auuming you wish not to retain your number too. 

Official info in > vidafond and how to cancel-account.

"You’ll be billed as normal until the date when we disconnect your number. Your final bill will show any refunds and the early exit fee (if you need to pay it). If you pay by Direct Debit, please don’t cancel this until your final payment has been taken."

LinkI-m-leaving-Vodafone-what-will-happen-with-my-bills.

Vodafone send the final bill by post to your U.K. Address and once paid they then send a Sorry your leaving letter and £0 bill. 

Vodafone require 30 days notice. 

You could try phoning vodafone. 

Call us

You can contact our advisers Monday to Sunday from 8am to 8pm.

Free from your Vodafone Pay monthly mobile
191 in the UK

+44 7836 191 191 from abroad

From other UK landlines or mobiles.

03333 040 191 in the UK (standard call charges apply)

+44 7836 191 191 from abroad
(standard international call charges apply)

Other ways are to ask that the Pay Monthly Account is converted to a Payg Account which takes 30 days to complete. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

futurenets
4: Newbie

I haven't used my mobile bb stick for over 6 months can I still topup and use it?

BandOfBrothers

@futurenets

A payg sim card will de activate if it's not used every 180days. 

So you may need to visit a Vodafone store for a new sim card if your using a dongle that uses a sim card. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.