Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade Issues

strawb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I wonder if any of the helpful folks here can advise me. I'm getting a bit sick of phoning Customer services and receiving endless contradictory information.

My contract expires in early Feb 2019 and I was due an upgrade in late November 2018. However, I got an unsolicited text from Vodafone a few days ago telling me that, as a loyal customer, I could have an early upgrade.  I rang sales and negotiated a discount and a new handset. I checked that the handset was shown as "in stock" on the website.  The salesperson informed me that the handset was indeed available, but the wireless charger I also ordered was not currently in stock. She advised that the handset would be sent out to arrive the following day, with the charger to follow once they had stock.

I received an email which confirmed my order and then another which said my order was not in stock and I would be informed when it came in. The next day - no handset.  I rang Customer Services to be informed that BOTH items must be out of stock - although the website still showed that the handsets were available.  By chance I happened to be near my local Vodafone store, so I called in. They checked their system which showed 420 units of the handset to be in the central warehouse!  They advised me to call Customer services, ask for my order to be cancelled and then re-order just the handset (I can pick up a wireless charger from my local store).

When I got home, I rang Customer Services, to be told that this was fine, and that I could cancel the order and would receive notification of the cancellation by e-mail "within 24 hours". I could then go to my local Vodafone store with a copy of the cancellation e-mail to pick up a handset. The store would contact Customer services who would ensure the discount was applied to my account.  24 hours later, no e-mail confirming cancellation, just one telling me that my order was still out of stock.

I rang customer services to be told that the cancellation e-mail takes "between 24 and 48 hours to be sent" not "up to 24 hours" as I had previously been told. I was also informed that, once cancelled, I could indeed sign up for the handset I wanted at a Vodafone store, but there was no guarantee that the agreed discount would be available - a deal breaker for me and contradicting the advice previously given.

48 hours have now passed since I requested cancellation and still no sign of an e-mail confirming it. The issue for me isn't a delay in getting the handset - I don't mind waiting, it's the lack of consistency in what I am being told and Vodafone's inability to do what they promise.

Any advice would be very welcome.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Things do seem to have got a little messy with your upgrade @strawb

I would have suggested to leave it all well alone and let the items naturally turn up. 

Stock availability can change quite fast with orders online especially with flagship phones. 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here might be able to help further once they've caught up with your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Finaly got it sorted via the helpful chaps at my local store who managed to liaise with customer services on my behalf.

All resolved and happy with my new handset and contract!!