Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade Nightmare!!

Telmennie
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I tried to do an early upgrade just over a week ago and stupidly ordered the wrong phone. Okay my fault, however trying to get thos corrected surely shouldn't be this hard. I was told to go to the shop and cancel it and the nearest shop was 15 miles away thay I got it ordered to as for some reason it wouldn't allow me to order to my local. Them I filled out a cancel form over the phone. Tried to reorder still doesnt work. Then someone said they hold the order for 7 days let that pass and try again so I did still not working and my original order still waiting to be picked up. Now they're saying do the order cancellation form. This is a joke never known it to be so hard to give 300 quid for an early upgrade fee. So close to moving to ee at this point.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Telmennie 

This is treated the same way as cancelling an upgrade in the first 14 days return period.  You will need to return the phone and make the cancellation, when Vodafone have received the return of the incorrect phone, your account will be put back to pre upgrade status leaving you in a position to order the correct phone.

The best way to get this sorted is to speak to Vodafone, live chat should be able to process the return and upgrade cancellation, you should then be sent a returns bag to make the return as special tracked delivery.

This information is here: Returns 

It was sent to the shop so they said the order cancellation form should allow me to reorder and now they're supposedly doing another one. I've spoken to 6 or 7 people via the phone and live chat. Nobody knows anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Telmennie, I understand this must be frustrating for you, upgrading should be an exciting time. As @AnnS has explained, when cancelling an incorrect upgrade, we need to allow the system time to process this before you'd be able to re-process the upgrade. Once your cancellation is complete, your account will move back its pre-upgrade position and you'll be able to place your order again.