Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade/SIM only

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi,

quick question, my contract is up in January 18 and my upgrade date is this November. If I want to move to a SIM only tariff, can I do that on my upgrade date or do I have to wait until the contact actually expires?

Also, if on a SIM only tariff can I then upgrade to a new phone anytime I want or have to wait until the 12 month SIM only contract runs out?

Cheers

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @SimonWilding

You will need to be out of contact before changing to SIM only.

When you take out a new 12 month SIM only tariff, you are able to take advantage of the flexible upgrade option.  Further information available on flexible upgrades from the website on the link below.

Flexible Upgrades

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @SimonWilding

You will need to be out of contact before changing to SIM only.

When you take out a new 12 month SIM only tariff, you are able to take advantage of the flexible upgrade option.  Further information available on flexible upgrades from the website on the link below.

Flexible Upgrades

Tommy
4: Newbie

Hello @SimonWilding yes you can upgrade to either a device or SIM only plan on your early upgrade date (November).

When it comes to upgrading a SIM only plan you may be able to from 3+ months depending on your credit and billing history. :Smiling: