cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade cancelled on Wednesday but the new phone is still being delivered tomorrow.

LosingMyRag101
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I pre-ordered the iPhone XS Max last Friday. However, when the Employee Advantage Discount was removed for this phone this week, I understandably cancelled the order on Wednesday.

I have now received notifications confirming that my phone will still be delivered tomorrow. So I contacted Vodafone today and was first told to refuse the delivery. Then I was called back by the adviser and told to accept the delivery but then take the phone into a local Vodafone store.

So what do I do? I’m obviously not going to pay to return the phone. I’m loathed to trek all the way to the nearest store as I fully expect to be fobbed off again.  I just thought I’d chance contacting DPD now to get them to cancel the delivery but apparently they can’t do anything either without Vodafone’s intervention. 

As I experienced similar pain last time I upgraded I am cancelling my service, albeit I couldn’t do that on Wednesday either so apologies in advance to whoever has to deal with me next time I call in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The phone must be in the final despatch stage stopping Vodafone from stopping delivery @LosingMyRag101

It's a shame the decline of vea instigated contract upgrade cancellation. 

I understand your not wanting to visit a Vodafone Highstreet Store but imo that's the best option. 

The Vodafone Highstreet Store will accept the phone back and provide a receipt that they have got it back or you can ask for a Returns Bag from customer service. 

Personally I wouldn't choose to refuse deviery as the return could then take longer to get back to Vodafone. 

There will be I assume a note on your account flagging awaiting for return of the phone. 

The last thing I'd want is being presented with a bill for a phone returned by the courier with only a typically handwritten note from a courier. 

Of course the final decision is yours. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

The phone must be in the final despatch stage stopping Vodafone from stopping delivery @LosingMyRag101

It's a shame the decline of vea instigated contract upgrade cancellation. 

I understand your not wanting to visit a Vodafone Highstreet Store but imo that's the best option. 

The Vodafone Highstreet Store will accept the phone back and provide a receipt that they have got it back or you can ask for a Returns Bag from customer service. 

Personally I wouldn't choose to refuse deviery as the return could then take longer to get back to Vodafone. 

There will be I assume a note on your account flagging awaiting for return of the phone. 

The last thing I'd want is being presented with a bill for a phone returned by the courier with only a typically handwritten note from a courier. 

Of course the final decision is yours. 

Current Phone  >

Ok thanks, that sounds very sensible.  I shall accept delivery and take it to the local store over the weekend.

You're very welcome :Smiling:

For me it's a peace of mind thing. 

Keep any returns paperwork the store staff supply safe for future reference if needed. 

Current Phone  >