Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade promise not honoured

gachjoel
4: Newbie

Recently i contacted support to find out my data speeds as im due an upgrade and wanted to match up similar packages.

After chatting to a really informative Customer Rep, it works and quoted by the rep that i could keep the same plan/price and just upgrade the phone.

Today i spent over 3 & half hours in chat with a supervisor trying to get me a deal, a deal which meant i paid more for, this wasn't what had previously been promised.

Has anyone else had issuses where Reps will say one thing then another rep say something completely different.

As i see it, they have a commitment to be honest at all times as they are the voice of vodafone.

On this ocassion it feels like they will say anyting to keep you quiet.

After such a very long time as a customer, seems your loyalty counts for nothing

Keep it Real

13 REPLIES 13

Potttsie72
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, twice in the last 2 years i have challenged vodafone regarding promises not kept and then misinformed about changing from business to personal account.

The first time i was looking into an early upgrade for black Friday 2017. My wife's contract was ready for upgrade and I saw a s8 at £28 a month with 6gb. I was 6 months away from upgrade myself, i enquired over the phone if i could apply VEA on top of black Friday and got told yes. So i took an extra line, over and above my wife's for 6 months, till my exsisting contract ran out.

When i applied the VEA, i was told i couldn't double discount. I ended up on live chat where my discount was then finally upped to 40% due to having to keep fighting them about it and i kept a hard copy of the chat. I fought for another few weeks to get this applied and eventually it was, with £50 compensation.

Around 7 months later i tried to change from business onto a personal account and was told this was possible, with new sim cards sent out.

I spent 3 days (along with my wife),  as i had both numbers on my account, trying to get sims working as i was never told that i had to activate them myself. Once up and running, my old allowance ended and we were put onto a more expensive tariff, without my knowledge nor consent.

I fought vodafone and i ended up with my new tariff reduced back down  to my original price and an extra 2gb a month, with entertainment on top, as that was the closet tariff. On top of that, we got another £50 credit due to the lack of service and lack of information regarding the changeover procedure and higher cost involved.

I don't know how much you have fought vodafone or if you have copies of the chat, but i feel that if you fight them enough and keep copy of the chat and let them know you have it, they usually give in and you recieve what you were promised in the first place, and sometimes a little more

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @gachjoel 

I assume you recieved some info via email that didn't match to your agreed deal with the first agent that prompted you to investigate  ?

From my understanding when a person upgrades the current tariff stops and a new one starts , which can mean a different set of allowances and a different Pay Monthly cost along with a new phone.

However the agent has to be crystal clear of the changes so a person can then make an informed decision to proceed or choose another option.

If a person does not need a new phone then they can elect to do nothing when it's time to upgrade, and their current contract would automatically drop onto a 30 day rolling contract, or choose a Sim Only contract or even Payg.

Any previous discount may finish when the 24 month contract has run its course however. Or in the case of VEA Employers Discount it needs re applying for.

Some people wan't higher allowances such as Data so costs can go up per month.

Are all your allowances i.e minutes , texts and data the same may I ask ?

When an agent speaks to a customer they typically input support notes onto the customers account and some phone calls are recorded but not all of them. Calls are typically retained for 60 days.

In regards to loyalty the only loyalty in a mobile phone contract is for Vodafone to supply Network Connection and the allowances in the contract and you paying your monthly fee. 

You could raise a Complaint and see how that goes.

We do have a Vodafone Social Media Team  here but they are only able to engage over account issues if you use the Facebook or Twitter Links in the above link I've added.

Remember you have a 14 day cooling off period to return your account to pre upgrade status and choose one of the other options I mentioned earlier.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

I was initially enquiring about my current download maximum speed on the account.

the conversation evolved and was told i could keep my current tariff at the same price, the reason being is that it has a speed of 10mbps and i could just upgrade the phone and when checked it was confirmed by the rep.

Now what i am being offered is more data but at a lower speed which isn't any good as the speed i have is good to watch "Sky Go".

i am a low end user as far as minutes/texts go, but my plan is 1GB of data, with 10GB accumlated over the period for loyalty, so this amount suits me well and it's only once or twice a year i need to buy extra data, when on holiday.

If a rep makes a comment that refers to my contract, i feel it should be honoured, also when a second rep also confirms it thru reading previous chat logs.

I'm not asking to get something for nothing, i'm just asking to keep my plan/price that was confirmed by vodafone, if this wasn't possible then it should have been said then it would have given me the correct information to make a correct decision.

There was also a comment made that i pay a sum upfront, but this will increase the total amount payable over a 24 month period.

Also the supervisor i spoke to yesterday said he could put me thru to "Billing" to see if they will authorise it, so that confused me more, why do you need "Billing" need to authorise something that had already been confirmed by 2 Vodafone Reps, even tho i agreed to speak to billing, the supervisor didn't put me thru to "Billing" and basically after a short period just stopped speaking to me.

i didn't go to the shop, mainly something was niggling me and i won't do something if i doubt the outcome, hence why i went back on chat to get the upgrade completed and then make arrangements to collect the phone.

A complaint was put thru yesterday so waiting 

Keep it Real

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for explaining further @gachjoel 

I hope all goes ok for you to an amicable resolution.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @gachjoel 

I notice you enquired about a data contract May due to using very little minutes and texts and wanted to expand the use of your pad for when you are away.

When you upgrade you will be put onto one of the latest tariffs to replace the retired tariff you are currently using.

There is further information on data speeds here:  Vodafone Unlimited Data 

Hi,

I wanted to make an informed decision to make an upgrade, if certain areas of my current contract were not available to run over in to a new one, then this information should have been relayed to me.

But i was told i could keep my current plan/price, those were answers from a Vodafone Rep.

i have a 1GB Red Plan, which has gained 10GB over the contract period for loyalty.

Now i am being asked to take a contract that pays for those "Earned" 10GB when i was told my plan/price would stay the same, plus my current plan holds a 10mbps speed, everthing i am being offered is a lot lower.

This is not about me getting something for nothing as my account has been run for many many years without any issues, this is about vodafone honouring what they said they could do.

Keep it Real

Update..

Get  a call regarding the complaint, haves a chat and was told they would do everything to resolve the issue, was put thru to the "Upgrade" section.

Was told that what i had been told before wasn't possible,.

So it just wasn't a case of being lied to, its a case of a vodafone rep being deceitful but trying to get me to go to the store, collect the phone then phone again to get my plan reinstated, knowing it was never going to happen.

So out of curiosity i asked what were the options to me as the upgrade section said they would try to get close to my current plan/price.

The 2 options were to pay just over £2 p/m extra, unlimited data but lose 8mbps.

Or keep the 10mbps at an extra cost of just over £7 p/m.

That i had been lied to, he didn't care  that were my options...end of, as far as he was concerned, oh and any customer loyalty data i earned disappears at end of contract.

Guess they don't want to resolve the issue, just waiting to see if customer service call back so i can see what options are available to taking this complaint further.

Keep it Real

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @gachjoel.

I'm really sorry this hasn't yet been resolved for you with your plan. If your query is with the Complaints team, they'll be able to discuss this further with you to reach a resolution.  With them being the highest point of escalation we wouldn't be able to intervene.

You may have received an email or text from them with ways you can get back in touch with the team -  if so, please follow their instructions if you'd like an update.

Hi,

Thanks for your comments 

Yes the complaints are dealing with it.

But i spoke to a member of the complaints team, who assured me it will get sorted out.

They passed me on to the upgrade team who just told me about the packages available and that was it.

No resolution at all espically with the way I've been treated and the way this complaint has been dealt with.

I was assured that the complaints team would call me back.

That was over 24hrs ago at the time of posting this.

Keep it Real