Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade query on Vodafone website not working

sgarre13
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So when looking for upgrade elligiility on the Vodafone account I get this message:-

Sorry, we can't access your upgrade details at the moment

To get your upgrade date, please ask the account owner to call one of our advisers on 191 free from their Vodafone mobile or 0333 304 0191 from all other UK landlines and mobiles (standard call charges apply).

So Vodafone can't tell me when my upgrade is available

Yet Carphone Warehouse can!! (i.e. their upgrade checker actually gives me a result!!!)

So who owns this data - is it not Vodafone then?

5 REPLIES 5

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused @sgarre13.

Do you see the message you've mentioned when on My Vodafone online or on the My Vodafone app (as the app should also be able to show you this information)?

If you continue to experience issues on My Vodafone, please contact us on the numbers provided from your post and our Upgrades team will be happy to assist you further.

I cant even get the Vodafone website to load on any of my PC's, running Windows, 7 and 10. I've tried Chrome, IE, Firefox.  Nor can I log in on my 'phone............it says its not compatible with Vodafone website..........Lumia 640

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's a strange one @culy30

Have you spoken with your Internet Service Provider about this? They'll be able to check if there's anything that would prevent you from accessing the site.

I checked with my ISP (Zen) re not being able to access the Vodafone website and they suggest that the Vodafone servers are blocking my IP address. I dont have issues with any other websites.

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@culy30 do you have access to modify the DNS on your router? If you do, please try and change the primary value to 4.2.2.3

I'd recommend making a note of the DNS, as your ISP may require you to use their default value to access information outside of your LAN.

If that doesn't work, please let us know your IP and we can raise this further for you.