Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade to SIM only

JOHNBARRATT1995
4: Newbie

Hi there my contract is due to expire on the 16th of March next year when I spoke to Vodafone today they told me to ring up 30 days before my contract expires and they would be happy to discuss what my options are I was just on wondering if this information I was given is correct?

Also I have seen SIM only deals for £5 a month one of them being with Sky mobile which you get unlimited minutes texts and 500mb data.

Do you think Vodafone would match that deal?

Also I am only looking to spend £5 a month on this SIM card because I currently have another contract with Vodafone which I pay £27.60 a month for .

Do you think Vodafone would be able to give me a deal for £5 a month? even if it's not with unlimited minutes and not much data because I really need to keep this number going and I would prefer to stay with Vodafone.

Kind regards John

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995

Typically a person has two milestone dates for their Pay Monthly Contract. 

An early upgrade date. 

A Contract End date. 

The latter gives a person a better stance when negotiating a new deal. So as near to the end date of your contract ring 191 and choose thinking of leaving. This will get to through to the Retention’s Team to negotiate. 

This may or may not be relevant to you but do take a look. 

Flexi-Upgrades.

In regards to Vodafone matching / beating other offers it can’t harm to ask. 

Other possible discounts to look at could be the Employers VEA to see if it’s applicable to anything you may look at when eventually choosing when speaking to Customer Service. 

Vodafone-advantage.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@ Band of Brothers I was just wondering if 30 days before my contract expires would be ok ring up and negotiate a new deal or should I leave it a little longer?

In essence if you was to leave Vodafone and not keep your mobile number you'd have to give 30 days notice. 

If it was me I'd ring just after those 30 days because nearer you are to the contract end date the stonger position your in. 

On a side note > For your knowledge if you wanted to take your mobile number to another network then you'd ask for a Pac code which does not require the 30 days notice. A new network using the Pac code given to them by you automatically cancels the contract straight away. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995

If you only want to keep the number active on the network, you may be better off asking Vodafone to put the number on PAYG at the end of contract and make the odd chargeable activity to keep the SIM active.

The minimum top up is £5.00, with a quick chargeable connection on a two month basis, this would be a lot cheaper than any SIM only deal and keep the number active.