Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade

emtwomey
1: Seeker

Hello, 

I have recently checked my eligability for an upgrade and it had said 14th March 2017. however I have checked it now and it says feb 2019. I don't understand how as I have not changed my contract only added more data to my bundle. My phone is working, however I will charge my phone and it will be 100% battery and then all of a sudden drop down to 20% within an hour sometimes less. Sometimes it dies without warning, and I am not sure why and I do not use my phone enough for the battery to die like that. 

I was sure when I first joined Vodafone I had insurance for this sort of thing, but now I have checked and I am not sure where I can find this info. 

thank you :Smiling: 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Changing your contract data allowance may have changed your contract term. Please ring Customer Services on 191 or use Live Chat for clarification. 

Vodafone recently changed their terms to apply a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty on iPhones so you could have it sent off. More information here > https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Account-bill-and-top-up/Lost-stolen-and-damaged/Warranty-and-insuranc...

Apple Stores would advise they apply a 12 Month Manufacturing Warranty. 

To troubleshoot your iphone yourself id suggest to look at the Battery monitor to see what’s using juice. You could reboot it by holding the home button and power button in until the Apple logo appears and then let go. It’s a slightly different process for the newer iPhones. You could also perform a back up to iTunes and or iCloud and restore it while hooked up to iTunes. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @emtwomey

This will be one for the Team to look into, they will be able to check your account and find the reason for an additional two years added onto your account.

As far as insurance is concererned, if you have been paying on a monthly basis, this will be shown on your bill as Vodafone Insurance. If you are unable to find any reference to the insurance, Customer Services or Live Chat will be able to help.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@emtwomey - We can take a look into your end of contract date for you.

So that we can access your account, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.