Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgraded my mobile phone 24hrs later monthly plan totally different

wigster82
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi I recently upgraded my mobile which was for unlimited calls and texts and 2gb plus extra 4gb

Confirmed in email

But today it's only 2gb 

Spoked to Vodafone online and they are saying no it's 2gb only 

Online exclusive 

Please help

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @wigster82 

When Vodafone offer extra data as an incentive to upgrade and stay with the network, they can't just make up a plan and they need to take a standard plan and add on the extra, when you contacted Vodafone they would only have been able to see the plan with the original data allowance.

Unless you have already checked the application where you will be able to see the plan with the extra 4GB data, this will be the first place to look.

As you have received email confirmation that your full allowance is 6GB you probably don't have anything to be concerned about.  However, it won't do any harm to let the Social Media Team take a look, follow the link here , I would suggest Twitter for quickness.

I'm not on any social media sites

Can I send screenshots of my confirmation to Vodafone or on here

BandOfBrothers

Unfortunately not as account access assistance isn't available via the forum.

It takes a short while to set up a twitter account and then you can de activate it after if you want.

Or ring 191 @wigster82 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @wigster82 

As you have already contacted Vodafone through the Customer Service channels by calling and they would have only been able to see the tariff at the original rate, there is no point going down the same route.  Although it may be that your account has simply not updated.  You can try live chat as an alternative.

As mentioned, your phone application will give the price plan and this will include the extra data add on.

As you do not use Social Media, the other alternative if to follow the link below, they are basically the same team and will be able to provide the necessary account access. Vodafone Complaints 

BandOfBrothers

Of course it's up to you at the end of the day how you contact Vodafone Customer Services to get this sorted @wigster82 

Noone can tell you how to proceed as it's your own choice. :Smiling:

The direct route is as mentioned.

In regards to the complaints route Vodafone have 8 weeks to give a resolution and at the moment this is also on the complaints page which can delay the response.

"Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, some of our contact centres are closed. This means we don’t have as many advisers available to help with your complaint as we normally would – and it might take longer for us to get back to you.  "

I wish you all the best with this situation.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

hrym

Your My Vodafone account does sometimes only show the base amount on the tarriff, but if your welcome email shows the full allowance, you should be fine.   You may also find thatit settles down after the first bill on the new tarriff has been produced.
I'd also recommend setting up a Twitter account as it's very useful for interacting with all sorts of customer services these days.   You can set it so that only people you allow in can see what you say, but contacting CS departments publicly can be very effective.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @wigster82 

May i ask was the upgraded contract taken out directly with Vodafone Uk and not an independent. Just wondering.

I'm not surprised you want this to be confirmed that what your getting is what the email confirms. And not just rely on the email alone.

Live Chat have full access to see what you are getting.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams are only going to see the same thing.

If this was my situation I'd ring 191 and wait until they answer as they are busy due to these unprecedented times to get this confirme.

You have 14 days as a cooling off period so it's essential this is confirmed

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈

Current Phone  >