Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrades for loyal customers no long worth it

rchiileea
4: Newbie

So one of my lines are ready for upgrade and out of contract, rang up to see the best deal i could get, it works out even with the loyalty discount (been with vodafone for 15 years on both lines).. I can still get the phone cheaper and more cost effective through either a reseller or another network?

I used to always be better off sticking with vodafone with loyaty discount and it seems that this is not the case no more and I can get a cheaper and better deal elsewere now. even with a discount offered from vodafone. Be prepaired to be dissapointed guys when upgrade or contracts are finish on what vodafone have to offer.

22 REPLIES 22

Totally agree that Vodafone don't look after their loyal customers and I'm finding this out after having held multiple numbers with Vodafone for over 30 years.  I currently have three numbers, two of which are out of contract.  Also, to add insult to injury I had a vodafone adviser who tried to lie and mis-sell to me a couple of weeks ago (see my other post) in order to get me to renew two monthly contarcts.  You may be told you're getting x% discount but they take x%  off the monthly fee but bump up the upfront cost without telling you. Before, you decide, compare any offers from vodafone advisers over the phone with Vodafone's own website deals and see whether you are really getting x% discount. 

RSW
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Share your pain

Been with them for 20 years and they are dropping my discount from 40% to 35% so even on the same package my bill goes up

Don't even seam interested if I ring up, also went to a store and they couldn't help tried to push the premium network speel and was it worth changing for a few pence more?

No it's not just a few pence a month it's pounds, and more data and min included in the package. 

All I wanted was to keep the same deal at the same price, but after all the calls and messing i'm out

Think yourself lucky, l made a complaint regarding the fact that my contract had been downgraded to fool me into thinking I was paying the same as before(which I was told I was getting like for like) about an hour ago I received a call and was informed they no longer give discounts for loyal customers and basically tough ##~##. I have 2 phone contracts and broadband, he said look on the net no one can match our deals, so I looked and virgin, sky, Plusnet smarty, iq and others can give me a better dealt for half what I am paying. What a joke!!!

Amazing, he just phoned back, apparently they only give discounts to certain customers on certain plans! 2 minutes later he tells me they don't give anyone discounts then he offered to upgrade me to a similar plan that I used to have at a 40% discount, when I asked for details he quoted me the same prices as advertised on the Vodafone website, when I pointed this out he said the discount was him releasing me from my existing contract without charging me, when I pointed out that the existing plan was missold to me by Vodafone hq he said take it up with hq.  0 out of 10 for customer service. Time to see what the ombudsman thinks!

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I was actually quite surprised this year when my SIM only minimum term was nearing an end.

My Vodafone offered me a 15% loyalty discount on the £27 15GB Red Entertainment plan, with 100GB data extra a month too. It may be slightly more than a new deal from a third party but no cashback claims necessary, so took the offer and no need to try and ask for a PAC and see what I'd get.

Hi AMC1, Sorry to hear about your woes but in my opinion (supported by my 30+ years experience) Vodafone don't care much about loyal customers.  A few tips that might help you:

(1) the advisers might tell you that a complaint has been logged but don't be fooled unless you are given a complaint reference number in writing (by text or email).  I believe it's more liable to start the complaint on Vodafone website rather than with an adviser, some of whom are very unhelpful or tell you porkies.  The last 4 / 6 digits of this reference is your Access Code.  You should receive a special complaint telephone number too and when you call this number the first thing you will be asked is to put in the Access Code.  However, this might be a big con as my access code never worked !!  I pressed for another reference number and that didn't work either!  If you experince the same thing, it's more likely to be a con. If so, please share it with others. 

(2) To go to the Ombudsman you need to have complained (formally) first and got a "Dealock Letter" from Vodafone.  

(3) Do take a look at the forum on money-super-market dot com (NB: remove the 'hyphens' which I have put to prevent detection and deletion).  There you'll find a big community of dissatisfied Vodafone customers.  I believe Vodafone monitor posts put on this Forum due to its huge following and hence its impact.  In fact the Forum has a special channel (on Vodafone request?) to make complanits against Vodafone which speaks volume.  I wouldn't use that third party channel which may not count as a formal complaint and won't have any exposure. A Cynic might say this channel may have been provided (on Vodafone request? ) in order to divert people and prevent them from putting an actual posts which would be damaging. 

(4) There would be occassions when they send you a text saying an adviser tried to call you to resolve the dispute but you didn't answer ...  In my case, I know for a fact that these claims were not always true.  

(5) Make detailed notes of all your calls.  Remeber you can also ask for a copy of all the details they have about you under the Subject Access Rights  Regulation (for a small fee - previously £10).  Google it. 

I hope the above helps.  good luck. 

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@RSW @Amc1 I'm sorry to hear your discount and price plans are changing. If you're out of commitment, this sometimes can happen.
We really do appreciate you both as our loyal customers and we'd hate to see you go 🙂
Please check out the great benefits we offer our Pay monthly customers if you do choose to stay: http://vdfn.co/bnfts Don't forget, we've also got the fantastic inclusive entertainment packs available, saving you even more money: http://vdfn.co/1eSwDVL Just let me know if you have any questions. 

That's your answer, try and get me to spend more money! 

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Amc1 It's disappointing to hear you feel this way. We'd be really sad to see you go if you decided to cancel and we'd love to keep you on board with us 🤞 As you've mentioned your contract was miss-represented to you at renewal, is this in relation to the discount you've been offered? If you can please let me know some more information about what's happened, I'll be able to advise you further.

@hossy I'm sorry for any inconvenience that's been caused, your post was filtered as spam through our system - I've now altered this and your post should be visible to all users.

@Los - the moderator, Thank you for reinstating my post but it can no longer be seen due to subsequent posts.  Therefore, in order for people to have the benefit of the advice therein, I have re-posted it below (with some corrections):

"

Hi AMC1, Sorry to hear about your woes but in my opinion (supported by my 30+ years experience) Vodafone don't care much about loyal customers.  A few tips that might help you:

(1) the advisers might tell you that a complaint has been logged but don't be fooled unless you are given a complaint reference number in writing (by text or email).  I believe it's more reliable to start the complaint on Vodafone website rather than with an adviser, some of whom are very unhelpful or tell you porkies.  The last 4 / 6 digits of this reference is your Access Code.  You should receive a special complaint telephone number too and when you call this number the first thing you will be asked is to put in the Access Code.  However, this might be a big con as my access code never worked !!  I pressed for another reference number and that didn't work either!  If you experience the same thing, it's more likely to be a con. If so, please share it with others. 

(2) To go to the Ombudsman you need to have complained (formally) first and got a "Deadlock Letter" from Vodafone.  

(3) Do take a look at the forum on money-saving-expert dot com (NB: remove the 'hyphens' which I have put to prevent detection and deletion).  There you'll find a big community of dissatisfied Vodafone customers.  I believe Vodafone monitor posts put on this Forum due to its huge following and hence its impact.  In fact the Forum has a special channel (on Vodafone request?) to make complaints against Vodafone which speaks volume.  However, I wouldn't use that third party channel which may not count as a formal complaint and won't have any exposure. A Cynic might say this channel may have been provided (on Vodafone request? ) in order to divert people and prevent them from putting an actual posts which would be visible (unlike the complaint) and hence damaging. 

(4) There would be occasions when they send you a text saying an adviser tried to call you to resolve the dispute but you didn't answer ...  In my case, I know for a fact that these claims were not always true.

(5) Make detailed notes of all your calls.  Remember you can also ask for a copy of all the details they have about you under the Subject Access Rights Regulation (for a small fee - previously £10).  Google it. "