Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrades for loyal customers no long worth it

rchiileea
4: Newbie

So one of my lines are ready for upgrade and out of contract, rang up to see the best deal i could get, it works out even with the loyalty discount (been with vodafone for 15 years on both lines).. I can still get the phone cheaper and more cost effective through either a reseller or another network?

I used to always be better off sticking with vodafone with loyaty discount and it seems that this is not the case no more and I can get a cheaper and better deal elsewere now. even with a discount offered from vodafone. Be prepaired to be dissapointed guys when upgrade or contracts are finish on what vodafone have to offer.

22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has actually been the case with Vodafone and most other networks for a while now - it's nothing new. The networks have shifted their focus to new customers,  loyalty doesn't win you any favours at upgrade time. 

yes, but it seems with recent price hikes vodafone just cant match other networks offers even with loyaty discount seems a bit strange.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vodafone position themselves as the premium network (which their network coverage could be argued to justify) and set prices to match.  At the end of the day it's all about profit - and unlike some other providers (e.g. Tesco) mobile communications is Vodafone's prime business, it's not a loss leader.

It’s not about being a loss leader to state that without knowing contract usage and such is kind of silly, the only time I would say voda in 15 years have made a loss with me was down to there own mistake not mine, all my previous contracts have covered the cost of the phone and then some apart from one that was down to them not me. I never once stated I expect them to make a loss or a deal were they would make a loss but I expected a deal that was all

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear we weren't able to find a deal you were happy with when you called us @rchiileea.

We wouldn't like to see you leave us :Worried_Face: 

Our deals are always changing with time so that we can offer our customers options that better suit their needs.

You can chat with us in more detail about our offers on Live Chat or you can also take a peak at the deals available to you on My Vodafone.

So retentions called me and I got the sort of deal I would of expected for having two lines with Vodafone for over 15 years got there in the end :Smiling: 

I have been with Vodafone for the best part of 20 years if not longer, & I totally agree that loyalty is not rewarded, that is a fact....

Am finding this too. Have also been a Vodafone customer for donkeys years but the deals for this years iPhone upgrade are ridiculous. I upgrade every year between two lines and am prepared to pay for the privilege but at the moment on my current iPhone X contract I pay £59 and get 60GB. There's no option for that even with a hefty up front payment which I'm happy to do. Used to be so much better, hence sticking with them. 

I have also been with Vodafone for some 20 years, have 3 accounts with them, pay them the best part of £100 per month but it means nothing come upgrade time, nothing at all. They value your money not your loyalty....