Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrading Issues

Loobiec89
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Every year without fail I have issues with this, it's getting beyond a joke! Can you not just update your systems to show what has been said during conversations?

40% discount on my account for years now, advised yet again it can be carried over, go to upgrade as I did last year and I have issues once more? 

Now I'm being told I can't upgrade? 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I can certainly understand why you would  be frustrated with this @Loobiec89 

Have the Vodafone Agent given a specific reason why you can't upgrade ?

Usually a discount lasts until the contract end date or upgrade date and then needs to be renegotiated or  re applied for such as VEA.

As account access isn't available via the forum you would need to contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Vodafone Facebook and Vodafone Twitter.

And or persevere with customer support on 191 or Live Chat.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Called and tweeted, nothing. 

I'm not suprised by this though.

BandOfBrothers

@Loobiec89 wrote:

Called and tweeted, nothing. 

I'm not suprised by this though.

I assume there very busy @Loobiec89 

Please give them time to catch up with your tweets.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Loobiec89 

The My Vodafone Application will let you know how long your loyalty discount is valid for and also give your upgrade date.

However, if you are in your upgrade period not sure why you should be told you are unable to upgrade and the advisor should have given an explanation.

I would recommend calling Vodafone again, you may get an advisor who will be able to look at your account and help you upgrade.

My discount is at account level and active until 2020.

The issue I get is "We've never seen this before, so we can't do anything about it"

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting your discount applied @Loobiec89. If you've contacted us by Twitter we'll reply and will be happy to help get this sorted for you.
We're very busy over our social channels at the moment, so it may take a little longer than usual to get back to you. Once we've looked into this and reapplied your discount, we'll back date it to avoid you being financially impacted, I’m sorry for any inconvenience this delay may have caused.