Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrading Issues

Sopes1972
4: Newbie

I am trying to upgrade one of the phones on my account but I was told that my account is now held by a 3rd Party, the online adviser told me to email customer services which I have done so twice and had no reply. I have always had good experience with vodafone customer services previously but this issue is not showing them in a good light.

Does anyone know why Vodafone are doing this with customers account with no agreement from the customer?

35 REPLIES 35

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Sopes1972

There is a clause in your Vodafone contract T&C's that they can transfer your account to a trusted partner. 

Vodafone won't comment on why they do this im afraid. 

You will need to speak with that trusted partner to upgrade or wait until your contract has reached full term and then ask them for a Pac so you can give that to Vodafone UK to move back. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Sopes1972

This was supposed to be sorted out for you at the beginning of the year when you transferred to OneCom and made it quite clear to Vodafone that you did not want to be a OneCom customer and wanted to deal with Vodafone direct and upgrade through your local store.

The best thing to do is to wait for one of the Team to get to the thread and see if it is possible that anything can be done. If you have any problems, let your contract reach the end of the minimum term and request a PAC code from OneCom.  As you cannot port Vodafone to Vodafone, you will need to port out of Vodafone to an alternative network on PAYG and back in on a new contract. 

Ann,

How often do the team go through the community threads as I have heard nothing from Vodafone again?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry we missed your earlier message @Sopes1972. If you'd like us to take a look into your account and offer more information about re-joining us from Onecom, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I've sent.

Followed instructions on Private message from the Vodafone moderator as instructed to contact directly to enable them to look at my account and the silence is deafening!!!

Not even acknowledgement they have recieved my message or what is happening with my case.

Frustration reaching boiling point.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear no ones been in touch @Sopes1972. If we've been in contact since your last message, I hope we managed to get everything resolved for you as quickly as possible.

If you've still not had a reply, when you completed the form included in the private message we'll have emailed you back with a reference number - it'll look something like this [#1234567].

Please provide us with this and we'll  be happy to chase your query up for you.

@TJ Unfortunately I have had no communication at all since I completed the form.

Regards

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Sopes1972 Are you able to provide us with the reference number you had from us? 

I was asked to enter EFT195 is this the reference number you are after?