Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrading Issues

Sopes1972
4: Newbie

I am trying to upgrade one of the phones on my account but I was told that my account is now held by a 3rd Party, the online adviser told me to email customer services which I have done so twice and had no reply. I have always had good experience with vodafone customer services previously but this issue is not showing them in a good light.

Does anyone know why Vodafone are doing this with customers account with no agreement from the customer?

35 REPLIES 35

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for any confusion @Sopes1972. This is the routing code to ensure your email reached the correct team. The case reference (looks like [#11234567]) would be included in the auto response you received.

I didn't get an auto response! Do I need to submit the form again?????

Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely.  If you do not get a response as described,  your message has not reached them. The system is a bit Heath Robinson,  but so long as you put the routeing code AND ONLY THE ROUTEING CODE in the subject field,  it should work.

How do I create a link to this post that can be inserted into the form on the private message?

I have now submitted the form a further two times and still  haven't recieved a reference number all I get is the following screen, What is going on????????

I have now submitted the form for a fourth time from another Laptop and I am still not getting a reference number back!!!!!!

CAN SOMEBODY SORT THIS OUT!!!!!!!!!! DRIVING ME MAD NOW!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The team here will sort this out and in all honesty are the only ones who can. It does sometimes happen that their "system" doesn't accept messages from certain ISPs - nobody seems to know why.  Vodafone used to have a system which used these routeing codes to deliver messages to multiple teams; this was withdrawn some years ago when the business decided to force all customers to interface through base-level Customer Services via 191 no matter what the issue - however the Socail Media team still required a secure way for customers to send their details when dealing with issues raised via this forum, so a small part of the old system was left in place for their benefit.  Knowing the workings of internal IT teams I'd be surprised if they still accept fault reports for the system, still less fix them.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Sopes1972 It's a shame to see you're not having any luck with our contact form. I've sent over a new private message with an alternate contact method. 

Just emailed direct as requested, hopefully you recieve the email.

Just got an email back saying you have received it and now have a reference number #19561625