Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrading :@

SWAHMAD95
1: Seeker

Yesterday I was offered a deal (£11.05 for 1000mins and 5gb data with the first months free plus £10 credit) 

I spoke to someone on the phone. They said that they can't offer it now. I asked how to get the PAC code. He sent it to me straight away without me agreeing to it.

I went on live chat for them to also not offer the credit as I've requested a pac code! I was forwarded onto the "loyalty team" and waiting almost an hour only for the chat to end by itself and now the lines are closed. Do I have any other options to get the original offer?

Terrible service

6 REPLIES 6

Getafix
16: Advanced member

If you are in upgrade Window, then check online in My Vodafone, as usually you have discounts offered on SIM only plans. 

Yes it's 15% so same deal they're offering me offer the phone

Getafix

@SWAHMAD95 wrote:

Yes it's 15% so same deal they're offering me offer the phone

If you are after a substabtial discount, then you will need to change to a more expensive Tariff and then your discount will be a lot more than 14p. :Hmm_Face:
Not sure if you have your PAC, but if you do, then I suggest wait till it expires and then call again and select the Leave Vodafone option.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @SWAHMAD95

Some offers are timeframe restricted so they can then be retracted if a customer does not take up the offer while on the call or take it up in the window of opportunity. 

Sometimes we do come across instances where the agent has overstepped their remit and shouldn't have offered such discounts.

I think that particular deal has now gone and you'll need to ask to be advised to what's on offer now and either accept one of those or perhaps consider going sim only which can give improved tariff costs and allowances and provide your own phone or continue using your current one.

Some independents such as Carphone Warehouse can offer deals but be 100% sure they upgrade you and not instead take out a 2nd line.

You would become CPW customer with Vodafone providing the network connection.

As you mentioned about a Pac which I'm assuming you used that as a leverage to try and get the deal they may have misunderstood and thought you wanted it while discussing the deal.

It wouldn't matter to Vodafone that they've supplied a Pac as its dormant until you decide to use it within 30 days by giving it to a new network. It's just times out after 30 days.

It shouldn't stop them still negotiating with you.

I would circumvent Live Chat and ring 191 and choose the Thinking Of Leaving option which should get you through to Retentions.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

As I'm currently already paying 11.19 I'm sure you can understand I'm not really interested in saving 14p! If I had gotten the 2months credit (which I got last time too with already 40% off) it would be at least worth it

Tbh all of thecstaff have treated me poorly and were more than happy to see me go, so I may as well leave.

My contract finishes on 20th January. After that will I still be able to use the same contract and be charged the same price? I'll essentially be doing that anyway if I take the 11.05 deal

AnnS

Hi @SWAHMAD95

When Vodafone give a discount on a 12 month SIM only tariff the agreement would have been for 12 months at the discounted price and you may find you will be put on a similar 30 day roll over contact at the full price.

You really need to take this up with Vodafone as an existing customer you should be entitled to a loyalty discount on a new 12 month SIM only.  If you look on your My Vodafone application, this will give the discount end date.