Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrading

Harrietmunday
1: Seeker

I recently had a problem with fraud on my account, I was trying to upgrade on an offer that I was emailed saying I could upgrade 6 months early without a fee. With the current issue with fraud they are saying it could take up to a week to sort my account. However by this time the deal will have ended. Will I be offered the same deal for a longer period due to these circumstances? 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Did the agent say it was a time limited offer? 

You could ask them to add relevant notes to your account about the offer. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Harrietmunday

The upgrade 6 months early can be a little misleading and you need to make sure it's not a flexi upgrade Vodafone are offering where you would need to pay an early upgrade charge on a monthly basis until your existing contract reaches it's minimum term.

If Vodafone are letting you upgrade early without an early upgrade charge, the remaining time left on the contract would added on to the new contract at the new rate, this is going to make it a long time before you are able to upgrade again.

If you check your online account or the My Vodafone Application you will be able to see your upgrade and contract end date, the 6 months early may only be your upgrade date and you still have around 2 months to go before your contract end date.  

Further information for you below.

Flexi Upgrades

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I mamanged to do a flexi-upgrade after having my then phone for 6 months, with no fee - it all depends on the value of the handset you have at the time. Mine was a Vodafone V8, so not a very expensive one (but still decent) and I just started a new 24 month contract with my new phone from that date.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac