cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Use vodafone number via app on another phone?

LordTaylor
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So for work I have an iPhone 6 on a vodafone Red business plan. I personally have my own contract with EE using an iPhone X. I truly hate carrying around 2 phones and would like to find out if vodafone offer a way I can receive calls and texts from my work vodafone number via an app perhaps on my other phone? Thus reducing my need to carry 2 phones.

Any suggestions? Call forwarding isn't really an option as I'll need to reply to texts or calls via my work vodafone number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

O2 and Three have apps that allow this, however O2 are shutting TU Go down as of 30/11 and looks like Three are phasing out their app also. 

The purpose of the apps were initially to help make/recieve calls/text via Wi-Fi in poor signal areas but had a few extra benefits too (free roaming calls, two numbers one device) but Wi-Fi calling has negated the main need for them.

ewan

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I can only think of about diverting calls from your Vodafone number to your other networks number.but I apprecaite thats Not really what your after.  

Vodafone don't do an app and I'm not sure but I've not seen one in the app store either. 

How-do-I-manage-my-call-diverts.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I haven't seen anything either. Just think its a shame as I'm sure it's a service that would be used and helpful to others as well. Such as allowing users to take or make a call from their business number on a tablet perhaps?

jeffkinn

There are apps such as Skype that allow you to do that but nothing that works in the way you are suggesting.

BT Smart Talk let you make Wi Fi calls from a mobile and use BT landline allowances but it doesn't support incoming calls.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

O2 and Three have apps that allow this, however O2 are shutting TU Go down as of 30/11 and looks like Three are phasing out their app also. 

The purpose of the apps were initially to help make/recieve calls/text via Wi-Fi in poor signal areas but had a few extra benefits too (free roaming calls, two numbers one device) but Wi-Fi calling has negated the main need for them.

ewan

Hi Ewan,

Exactly! It's my knowledge of those app services that made me wonder if vodafone had a solution that was similar. From the looks of things I don't think they offer anything that can perform what I need. Nevermind, maybe something in the future will come up.

Cheers guys (and gals)

jeffkinn

Vodafone has never emulated the O21 TuGo app unfortunately.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

As good as TuGo is/was? (are they really phasing it out?) it wasn't without niggles but still pretty good.

To the OP, I think the best solution for you would be a dual sim phone. I know this suggestion is completely useless advice currently as you have two great phones already, but the number of phones with dual sim functionality is increasing all the time. Maybe something to think of in the future.