Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using Vodafone International Saver while Roaming in Roam Free zone

VcustomerLondon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am on Pay Montly with inclusive roam free roaming.

Before leaving, I checked this site:

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Going-and-calling-abroad/Calling-and-texting-abroad...

to see if I can use the Vodafone International Saver 500 while in Roam Free zone.

The website clearly says:

"You have inclusive roaming included in your bundle and you’re in our inclusive roaming zone

If you make a call to a country outside our inclusive roaming zone but within the 100 destinations covered by International Saver (for example, calling Argentina from France), this call will be taken from your International Saver minutes. Calls made within the inclusive roaming zone will be taken out of your roaming allowance"

Earlier this moth I travelled to Poland and Germany.

I made a few calls to a destination from the Vodavone International Saver 500 list, but outside

the roam free zone.

To my surprise, I was charged over 200 pounds for those calls.

I talked to 191, they first said they charges are legit, then said it's a glitch and that they will be cancelled.

As this did not happen, I talked to the online chat people. A kind if misinformed chat handler by the name of

Hitesh first said that the charges are legit again. Then consulted a manager and said, quote:

'Hitesh: Max, I'm sorry for the miscommunication.

I've checked this for you and can confirm with my manager that it is included in your bundle as you're on latest bundle.'

But he also advised this can only be resolved once bill generated. Absurd that Vodafone can generate charges on the app but cannot cancel them until billed. Vodafone has gone as far as to even disconnect my line altogether, I had to call them to get it reinstated.

Now that the  bill is generated, I tried contacting the online chat people again but they sound like a broken record keep saying the charges are legitimate. They ignored my requests to check the link provided.

The social media team are just as useless, first they said they'd help then called me to say charges are correct.

I sent them the link and screenshorts but got no reply.

Where do I go next other than taking Vodafone to court?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think you're mis-understanding the point of my replies. Like I have said previously, I have experienced similar to what you're experiencing now but this is a forum, its full of other customers who are trying to offer you a little bit of guidance on how to resolve this.

I get it, you're upset. I would be too. But, logically all you need here is for this matter to be resolved. Front line customer care aren't doing that and therefore I've already posted the link for you to be able to register a complaint so someone who is a Vodafone employee will pick up your issue and resolve it.

I've read the link you posted, it seems quite clear to me that you're 100% in the right with this one as you're on a plan that includes global roaming (which you took out or re-graded to on or after April of this year) and you made calls whilst in a roam free country to a destination that is covered in the Vodafone International plan.

So I wasn't going to post my thoughts on why things had gone wrong for you nor offer any kind of excuses for the mis-information you seem to have been given. I posted a link for you to get a resolve.

I mean, you can wait for someone from Vodafone here to respond to you but best case scenario, you'll get routed back into the social media team and it seems you've been there, done that and got the t-shirt.

So back to my original point, register a complaint. Get this sorted. Get your apologies from them. I wasn't being flippant with my 'don't take it personally' comment. There's very clear issues within Vodafone (and other companies) that need resolving and by raising your issue as a complaint, you'll help get these issues flagged.

View solution in original position

24 REPLIES 24

@VcustomerLondon

We're part of the Social Media team.

Can you please let me know your Twitter handle?

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The Twitter experience sounds absolutely dire to be fair but that may be the limitations of Twitter. It doesn't sound like the social media team have even tried to understand the issue you're raising and have instead tried to 'fob you off'.

The best course of action if you haven't already is to get that complaint logged. Get this on your record. The reason I keep harping on about the importance of this is that all telecoms companies are obligated to log complaints and deal with them in a timely manner. So getting it logged starts the clock ticking. If they don't deal with it in a timely manner or you can't find agreement then only at that point can you take the issue outside the company. The policy is (rightly as well) that you have to give the company the opportunity to resolve. But whilstever they're simply annoying you on Twitter, it isn't official so the time period hasn't begun.

@Donnyguy

The Complaints Department were very prompt but useless. They repeated the undue charges have been removed and that's the end of story for Vodafone. They refused to accept responsibility for any losses.

They also admit they keep charging me on the basis of the same error in their system
(Using Vodafone International Saver 500 while in a Roam Free destination), but as the charges

have not been BILLED, they cannot help. This means I have to go through the same humiliation

next month. Horrible service.

I really struggle with two points:

- how to claim compensation for lost service and lost time/income - all due to Vodafone's errors

which they have admitted

- how can Vodafone show an unbilled charge via the MyVodafone app, and yet refuse to tell

me what this is for, claiming they do not know it? Surely it is Vodafone who generates it

so how can they NOT know what it's for???

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@VcustomerLondon I’m sorry to hear of the experience that you’ve had, and we do appreciate the feedback that you’ve given us.

I’m glad to hear that we were able to resolve this for you on Live Chat.

However, so we can ensure that your feedback is passed on to help improve future customer service, and help with any further queries you have, I’ve sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch directly with our team.

Please include your Twitter handle in the summary along with your query and your details.

Hi Natasha, I have had no private messages from you or anyone else.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@VcustomerLondon Apologies, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

I am really surprised that Vodafone is a functionin business. The email you sent me did not contain the link you are referring to. It is now the third message I have to send you to ask for instructions you offered to provide. At this pace EE will set up 6G before you provide a proper reply.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@VcustomerLondon The private message sent previously contains a hyperlink to contact us. To access this link, please click the word 'here' in the message. I've also sent another message to you which includes the link.

A member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible once we receive your details.

On top of your incompetence you also consider your customers idiots. Thank you. The first message you sent contained the word 'here' with no hyperlink and no other clickable links or contents.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@VcustomerLondon The hyperlink on 'here' appeared on our end, apologies if didn't appear for you. :smileysad:

I can see that @Tash has sent you a new private message, please let us know if everything goes okay for you this time. 

You'll know if the form has been correctly submitted if you receive an automated email from us to say we've had it.

This will also contain a unique reference number which looks like [#12344556] - feel free to post this number in a reply on this thread and we'll be happy to chase this up for you.