Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using Vodafone long-term when abroad

Brizoh_71
2: Seeker

I have four months left of my Vodafone pay monthly contract; I am moving abroad in the next few weeks and wish to keep using my number in addition to having a local number in the country I am moving to (Greece) as my current number is a point of contact for my parents and some essential services I need to keep active in the UK.

Is there a limitation as to how long I can use my existing Vodafone contract abroad? I know with EE it is 60 days, but I can't find a similar condition for Vodafone.

Am I better then switching to PAYG once my contract expires and just buying a package every month? Or can I use my existing contract long-term?

3 REPLIES 3

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

The situation is covered by the Acceptable Usage policy, in particular see the top of p2 - https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/contentdocuments/vfcon058965.pdf

So in the long run you can't run with either Pay Monthly or PAYG. But you might be able to "muddle through" with PAYG as long as you return to the UK fairly regularly. I'll be interested to see how others respond to your question, as the situation seems to have changed in the last couple of years (presumably the result of EU roaming), and I'm not sure how much "precedent" there now is to go on!

Brizoh_71

Thanks for the info. 

So essentially I can't do it with Vodafone. Just one more reason to leave them... they are mounting up!

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

@Brizoh_71 We were posting in rapid order earlier! I hope you also saw @AnnS's post, as she takes a more positive view than I do.