Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using a PAC code to transfer to vodafone

emma-11
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I completed the form on Friday to transfer my old number to vodafone, waited until Monday but nothing happened.  When I contacted customer service today I was told it was "stuck" and needed to be referred to a specialst team.  I was then told to wait between 24-48 hours and then try re-submitting my form for the PAC code transfer.

Can anyone tell me why I need to wait 48 hours, and why I have to resubmit the form??

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Porting does not process over a weekend which is why there was that delay. 

If a port files get stuck its called a Split Port which customer service have to pass to the Porting In Vodafone Teams.

The wait might be connected to Vodafones systems having go purge themselves to try again. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, I understand porting doesnt happen at the weekend, which is why I waiting until Tuesday to investigate.

My question is why do I have to wait between 24-48 hours? How will I know when it is ready for me to re-submit? Why do I even have to re-submit the form? The details will not change and they already have all of them?

BandOfBrothers

Personally i would not think that you would have to !

Customer Services should really be able to officially clarify. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @emma-11

If you gave the PAC code on Friday, it would have been activated yesterday and should take 24 hours to complete.   To be on the safe side, Vodafone have mentioned 48 hours.

You may find the porting completes by late this afternoon and there should be no reason to resubmit the form.

Porting usually completes by around 4 pm, if for any reason, it does not complete, come back to the thread and the Team from the forum will get your number active on the network.