cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VF keeps sending me bill emails for an employee who left company a year ago - data breach?

maestroarts
2: Seeker

Hi group

Does anyone know how to stop VF sending emailed bills? The user involved left the company over a year ago taking her connection back into personal ownership, so we have no access to it anyway.  I relinquished responsibility for the company mobile phone bills over a year ago. So I have no means to access any company accounts or the user's personal account.

I have tried for all this time to stop VF sending me her bills - endless phone calls, online chats etc. They insist I have to pass security to discuss or action anything, which of course is impossible and nonsense. I have registered a formal complaint as disclosing the amount of a user's bills to a third party (me) is probably a breach of data security under GDPR. 

No answers, no useful action. Most recent suggestion was to visit a VF store - which as I live in rural countryside, I have no intention of doing.

A simple email address would help - they keep all of those secret!

13 REPLIES 13

maestroarts

and even then, the post removed the attachment!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@maestroarts We'd need to have a look into the account to get a better understanding of why these bills are still coming through. So we're able to do this, please get in touch using the information in my private message

Well, despite uploading the bill and private message to VF, I got this month's bill this morning! I'm pretty sure disclosing a customer's monthly bill amount to an unconnected 3rd party is possibly a breach of personal data under GDPR.

@maestroarts What was the response you got from the private message you sent? It can take up to 30 days for these details to filter through to all systems. We'd be more than happy to look in to this further, please message us again on the link Alex sent earlier this month. Joe

No answer - I did DM again yesterday...

@maestroarts If you've not heard back from us in the next 48 hours, drop us a message here with the email reference number. One of the team will pick this up as soon as we can. Joe

Every month, Vodafone sends me an email showing the monthyl amount owed by their customer M***** B*******, a former employer of my company who left our employment and took her connection in January 2018. I ceased to have responsibility for our company operations and IT in October 2018.

Depsite over a year of regular phone calls and online chats, Vodafone has been unable to stop sharing their customer's confidential data with a third party (me) - account number ending 5605 comes to £112.08.

Surely GDPR and data protection legislation is supposed to prevent sharing of data of this type? I would be horrified if someone in another company were emailed my monthly mobile bill data.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @maestroarts, I’m sorry to hear you’ve received another bill.

Did you follow the steps in the PM Alex sent last month, to email us? Once this is done, you should receive an automated reply containing a reference number (this should look like [#1765834]).

Let us know the email reference number and we’ll be able to check on this.

I’ve resent the private message just in case you no longer have it.

I did email according to your instructions send by Alex a month before. I did not receive a reply or a reference number and I have attempted to send you a private message just now in response to your request yesterday. Your system tells me I've sent too many private messages  (! it's the only one, which wouldn't send with a contact email address in it, which I amended!) . 

You do not make it easy to reach you or to deal with long-outstanding complaints. Twitter would be more productive!