cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VF keeps sending me bill emails for an employee who left company a year ago - data breach?

maestroarts
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi group

Does anyone know how to stop VF sending emailed bills? The user involved left the company over a year ago taking her connection back into personal ownership, so we have no access to it anyway.  I relinquished responsibility for the company mobile phone bills over a year ago. So I have no means to access any company accounts or the user's personal account.

I have tried for all this time to stop VF sending me her bills - endless phone calls, online chats etc. They insist I have to pass security to discuss or action anything, which of course is impossible and nonsense. I have registered a formal complaint as disclosing the amount of a user's bills to a third party (me) is probably a breach of data security under GDPR. 

No answers, no useful action. Most recent suggestion was to visit a VF store - which as I live in rural countryside, I have no intention of doing.

A simple email address would help - they keep all of those secret!

13 REPLIES 13

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to complete the form in the private message. You're more than welcome to get in touch via Twitter @maestroarts if that's easier for you. 

Alternatively, please try clearing your cache and cookies and have a go at completing the form again; then let me know how you get on. 

Hi TJ - the form did go through when I tried again after an hour or so. It was initially objecting to containing an email address which needed disguising! One of your colleagues from the social media tteam has been in contact saying they were unable to trace the relevant account. I have given him the full number, account number our and your customer's addresses. Hopefully he'll be able to action this finally!

I've received this month's email advice showing the balance for your customer who has no connection to me, thus breaching GDRP data protection guidelines.

Why can you not remove my email address from their account? This has been giong on for 15 months now despite regular email, phone, chat, online and social media requests for you to cease.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you've received someone else's bill @maestroarts., I understand how concerning this must be -especially when it's been ongoing for this period of time. So I'm able to take a closer look into this and help get things sorted for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.