Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VOXI failed payment

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi all,

I set my elderly grandmother up with a VOXI sim about 6 months ago and she's been using it no problems until this morning. She received an SMS informing her that a payment had failed.
I have confirmed the payment card is still valid and there are definitely funds in the bank account. 
I've logged into the VOXI account online and it appears as though the plan has reset correctly for the month (see screenshot)

Nabs_0-1611655878469.png

Anyone any ideas if VOXI are currently experiencing issues processing payments?

Thanks
N

6 REPLIES 6

hrym

There have been spam texts about failed payments, as I'm sure you know.   Is this one of those?   If the account has reset, it looks as though the payment has gone through - are you able to check it the card and see?

Nabs

The message looked legit apparently, for obvious reasons I can't go and see for myself, but I'll get the bank account checked to see if the money was indeed taken.

Nabs

Account checked, no payment had been taken.
I note Co-Op and Morrisons are having issues with their payment processor, I wonder if it's the same people...
I guess we will wait and see if they manage to take it tomorrow.

hrym

That's a thought - could be.   If it's worked before and the card itself is OK, there's no other reason unless they've suddenly decided to block that type of payment (haven't heard that one for a few years).

Nabs

@hrym wrote:

That's a thought - could be.   If it's worked before and the card itself is OK, there's no other reason unless they've suddenly decided to block that type of payment (haven't heard that one for a few years).

It's a Barclays debit card that's been used since June, I'd be very surprised if they've decided to block it now.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Nabs - With VOXI, if payment fails on the payment date, we give you 3 days 'grace period'. This is where we try to take payment for 3 days and if on the third attempt payment still fails, then the plan will drop off. So the plan will renew on the normal payment date like every other month, but then drop off if the third payment can't be taken.

If the payment from today was the first attempt, we'll try again tomorrow and the following day 😊 If the plan does drop off, then it can be re-added straight away.

I would advise contacting the VOXI team on Facebook, Twitter or webchat so that they can have a look over the account and make sure everything is as it should be.