Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Very Very Upset with Vodafone

adeeli786
4: Newbie

Hi Guys,

Am like so pis**** off , and well upset off Vodafone, its been almost 3 weeks now since i upgraded and unable to use my new handset. Everytime something new issue. they swapped the phone again for me, and guess what i just opened it a while ago, and as 3 times before, its not a brand new phone, although it was sealed, but as soon i opened, there was dirt on screen, and no front screen protector which comes on new phone.
Am so annoyed now, it has happend 4 times, and raised it on customer support and was told will get a new phone this time. A nice chap from customer support helped me a lot, but this 4th swap i received is again not a new hadnset at all. No Clue what to do so so so upset.... Not sure why vodafone can't just send BRAND NEW.. 

phone rather repacked/refurbished phones. I bought Mate 20 pro.

First replacement they send wrong model, second other color, 3rd swap, send refurbished handset, the back plastic sheet had small bubbles underneath and slight dust on front plastic sheet, 4th no screen protector at all on front, dust on screen, and hand marks and dust on back. This is nice to keep sending customers returns or refurbished handsets, althought it has happend SOOO MANY times... am just so so so angry .. everytime i've been promised that it will be resolved this time, and we will send you "BRAND NEW" phone.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @adeeli786

It's reasonable to receive a new handset if that's what was ordered. 

Some do choose 'nearly new' or 'refurbished' which are offered at a cheaper cost and clearly indicated it's not new. These are phones typically sent back within the 30 Day Cooling Off Period.

When you received the phones from Vodafone UK was the boxes sealed with a factory applied tab of security tape may I ask ?

I must say you've been extremely unlucky to have received so many phones that have not been acceptable for you. 

I do appreciate your frustration however this is going to be a case of pushing Customer services to get you a new phone.

For those that received their phone in a Vodafone Highstreet Store they can revisit the store and open the box to view the phone while there to ensure it's acceptable. 

This is something I always do when buying my Samsung Phones from Samsung. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi @BandOfBrothers, well the contract I have is for brand new, didn't opt to go for refurb or any other sort of contracts which probably be cheaper. I have been told clearly everytime they sending a phone is "we will make sure that you get a brand new phone", not sure if its a different team who are repackaging customers returns etc phone. In last 10+ years with Vodafone, this has never happend, and now 4 times in a row. 

Forgot to add, even one of the chap @support, rather sending me swap phone, created a new line on my account without consent, the phone has been sent back, and today been told... you need to go to the store, i mean wt... the phone has been returned, new line has been raised without my consent, phone has been sent back.

This is my first ever Huawei phone, and am sure that the company won't be so unprofessional to not take care of their QA when sending out new phones..... so must be down somewhere @Vodafone.

OMG I am so f f up... as mentioned they created  a new line on my account without my consent, and phone was sent back to them on saturday so they can cancel that new line, and guess what they f did something and my number and main line which i have had for last 11 + years has gone silent "no network registered" what is wrong with customer services... am going to take legal actions now, am so [Removed] off

Am sorry, but not sure how am controlling my anger here... not once not twice 5 times, and everytime a new issue they add up :Angry_Face:

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

BandOfBrothers

It does certainly sound like a mess I'm afraid. 

May I ask again...  

"When you received the phones from Vodafone UK was the boxes sealed with a factory applied tab of security tape may I ask ?"

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

there was not security tape.. just a thin plastic sheet on it, there was no security sticker/tape

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you've had these problems with your upgrade @adeeli786. As we'll need access to your account to look into this, please get in touch through the link in this private message.

Hi

@Mark i've submitted it via link you sent me... not sure now how long that will take to get a resposne?

Thanks

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@adeeli786 I've been unable to locate an email from you through the email address registered to your Community profile. When submitting your details, please try the below:

- Clear your cache and cookies on the device you're using.
- Try a different device or send your email using a different web browser.
- Try an alternative email address.
- Manually type your email address into the box when prompted, rather than copy and paste and also include the routing code.
- Ensure your message is under 2500 characters.
You should then receive an automated response from us with a reference number similar to #12345678 in the subject line.

thanks for getting back Natasha, not sure why i submitted on the day straight way. Just re submitted.

it says "

Thank you for your email, we'll be in touch

We’ve received your email and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible. 

"