Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Very poor customer service

yuse54
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am absolutely disgusted at the way I have I been treated. I took out a new contract in August under the promise of an amazon voucher which has never materialised, I rang in October and I was I told that I would be receiving it in November. I have rang in dec and now in feb and now I have been told I was never promised anything. I have read on the forum it has happened to several people who took out the sim only deal in August of last year. In total I have been a customer for 23 years and I feel that loyalty does not mean anything. I have asked for all the recordings as this is the only way to proof  I was right. However I have been told it will take up to 40 days for this to happen.  Such a Hugh company but they don’t even have a complaints department which cares

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @yuse54

At a guess, this was through a third party and probably the Giftcloud site here: https://www.vodafone.com/content/index/what/giftcloud.html#https://www.t3.com/news/best-sim-only-dea...

There have been many reports of this third party company not honouring their promise of the Amazon voucher.  As the promise of a Amazon voucher was made by this third party company and not Vodafone direct, you will need to pursue this direct with Giftcloud.  You can contact Giftcloud here: Giftcloud

The contract was with vodafone. No a third party.

i have been a customer for 23 years not ev3n willin* to help. Shocking to say the least

BandOfBrothers

Hi @yuse54

I agree if an offer to entice a person to sign up was made then that should be honoured in one way or another either by the 3rd party if a contract is opened that way or via Vodafone if Vodafone opened up the contract directly with you.

As your after a phone call recording I assume you phoned Vodafone on 191 or they phoned you and the deal was set ? 

Not all phone calls however are recorded and those that are recorded are retained for 60 days.

The deal should have been noted on your account notes too. 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here might be able to help you once they've caught up with your thread.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @yuse54

The problem is unless this has been somehow missed, just can't recall Vodafone making a promotional offer of an Amazon Voucher for a new contract but there were some questions asked about the Giftcloud offer.

If this has been promised by Vodafone and you agreed the new contract direct with the network and not a third party, you would have been sent an email confirming everything agreed and this would have included any promotional offer. If you have the email copy and paste it on the thread, this will give the Team something to go on.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@yuse54 It's disappointing to see the time it's taken to look into your issue relating to an Amazon gift card. I'm not 100% familiar with the promotion you're referring to and I can see it's been mentioned about the one which was handled by a third party. Of course, I can also see that you've stated you took out your contract directly through us at Vodafone. 

To progress with your query, we'll need to check your account to view any relevant notes and promotions which may be linked to it. So we're able to securely access your details, please get in touch using the link in my private message 🙂