Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Very poor customer service

WDrum69
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having been with Vodafone for over 20 years, i am disgusted by their lack of assistance. I renewed my contract a few weeks ago and recieved a phone. I also took out insurance on the phone when asked by the assistant. For the first time ever, i have lost my phone whilst abroad, and called last night to have it blocked. Thinking there was nothing to do but raise a claim, i have been advised that i dont have cover for lost phones, only damage, much to my surprise. The assistant will however remove the insurance from my bill so that i dont have to pay for cover on this phone i have lost, very generous. So after 20 years, abroad with no phone, Vodafone have no interest in trying to help, they have their new contract for two years, maybe they hope i will forget this before the contract is due for renewal. Guess what, i will be stopping every phone and tablet on this contract as soon as they expire. Disgusted by the lack of assistance, and also shows loyalty is worth nothing:(

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I can imagine that was certainly an unpleasant surprise when you thought you were covered. 

When insurance was accepted did Vodafone send any information or point you to the T&C's and exclusions / exceptions  / small print etc. It's something I certainly check.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

to be honest im not sure, all i remember is that there was a speech of about 5 minutes which was really comprehendable. I am certain that insurance was offerered, but no options for the level of cover. As I said in the post, im abroad at the moment so its impossible to check all the agreements.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@WDrum69 I'm sorry to hear what's happened.

You can find more information on Vodafone Insurance here.

So we can take a look into this further for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team.