Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Visual Voicemail

GStevens
4: Newbie

Are there any plans to bring this to Vodafone?

Which handsets will be supported?

9 REPLIES 9

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GStevens There's no plans to release this feature yet and therefore I wouldn't be able to advise of any supported devices. Any future changes would be posted on our Coming Soon page

No plans to release this feature.

Does this mean this feature is likely to be released and plans are in place to do so?  Or Vodafone have no plans to offer this feature in the (near) future?

sirgader
4: Newbie

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

This is a positive development.

I've tried the steps on the help pages to activate the functionality and keep getting the message "Sorry you don't have access to this service".

I'm thinking it's not fully out there yet.

I have spoken to the rep and they said the tech team responsible for that won't be back till Monday - so hopefully there will be more news then. 

Any more updates on this as I’ve tried to set mine up but get a not authorised message on the numbers listed 

cheers 

Various Vodafone reps have been promising me support for Visual Voicemail for about a year now. The instructions for activation seem to have gone up prematurely. When I called in to ask why, after having followed the prescribed steps, I'm still without the feature on an iPhone XS, I was told the last step will be carrier-specific code packed into an iOS update due around the 12th of August. Best guess this will be iOS 12.4 (and that carriers are not supposed to forecast Apple OS release dates). Once the feature is up and running, look for an update at https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204040#europe -- where Apple lists supported features by carrier.

More than a year behind schedule, Beta testing continues. To be invited to Beta test Visual Voicemail, a user must have purchased their iPhone from Vodafone – because they claim their network has no other way to know you're actually on a compatible iOS device. It's possible, I've been told, that this specious restriction could be extended to the formal roll-out, whenever that is – meaning that if you're among the many Vodafone customers who've purchased their phones from Apple or thrid-party iPhone retailers, you may be locked out of Visual Voicemai for good. If you're a SIM-only Vodafone customer with an iPhone and want Visual Voicemail, check out plans from EE and O2 – who've offered the feature for years without any such silly restrictions.

I am surprised this is still in beta. I was told, that in August it will be rolled out globally. Well, it isn't.