Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VoLTE not working

Alistair-B
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and on my account it says that 4G calling (VoLTE) is activated along with WiFi Calling. The WiFi calling works fine, however the option to enable VoLTE isn't there so I can't get it working. Every time I make a call it switches from 4G to H+. When I went on holiday and used a local sim card the option for VoLTE was there and it worked great so I know I'm looking in the right settings menu, but with the Vodafone sim it can't seem to be turned on. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm believe that VoLTE has been brought to the Samsung S7 and s7 edge but I've not yet seen anything that relates to Vodafone bringing the s8 or s8+ into the equation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Alistair-B

Are you in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds and Inner London where VoLTE is running at the moment ?

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers

No but shouldn't it at least give me the option to enable it in my phone's settings so when I travel to somewhere VoLTE is supported it automatically connects? I was in London last week and it still always went to H+ when I made a call. 

BandOfBrothers

I'm believe that VoLTE has been brought to the Samsung S7 and s7 edge but I've not yet seen anything that relates to Vodafone bringing the s8 or s8+ into the equation. 

Current Phone  >

Nabs

@BandOfBrothers @Alistair-B According to the Support Pages VoLTE is only available on the S7, S7 Edge and the Sony XZ