Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VoLTE

stevehiggin
4: Newbie

I have a question about VoLTE, I know its not currently available on the Vodafone network, but are Vodafone testing or rolling it out in the Birmingham area?

I have a problem with my iPhone 7 that has surfaced in the last 3 weeks, where if I have the phone locked the phone will lose signal to the network. When I unlock it the carrier name will change to Vodafon and then go to No Signal and then after about 10 - 15 seconds go back to full signal and display Vodafone UK and back on 4G. This is meaning that because the phone is locked most of the time (normal operation) I am missing calls/messages etc, so I have to turn off auto lock and leave it running which is not good as the battery soon drains or leave it plugged in all day. If it is left unlocked it will happlily stay on the 4G network.

Now I can get around this problem by setting Mobile Data -> Voice & Data -> 3G, it will work fine even when locked.

I notice there are many threads on the Apple support communites with people in the USA having the same problems, but they have a different set of options in Mobile Data:-

Settings> Cellular> Cellular Data Options> Enable LTE> Data Only

My question is how can I set 4G to be Data Only like our American friends, or will Vodafone hurry up and sort VoLTE?

Thanks

Steve

8 REPLIES 8

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Vodafone never hurries anything. They've been talking about VoLTE for a long time but it hasn't yet materialised and there is no clue as to when it will arrive or if it will ever arrive.

The behaviour you describe certainly isn't normal and needs to be rectified. I would go through some troubleshooting myself such as resetting all settings and the nuclear option of a factory reset.

If they don't work I'd take to Apple and get them to resolve the issue.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thanks for the reply, yes I have been to Apple and done all the resets and a DFU restore, I think I will be going back to Apple to get the handset swapped.

Thanks

Steve

jeffkinn

I would definitely get Apple to swap the phone out. 

Was the handset supplied by Vodafone? If it was you should tell them that you've had a warranty swap so they can update their records with your new IMEI number. This will be important if the phone is locked to Vodafone and you want to unlock it at any time in the future.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stevehiggin Please let us know how you get on with Apple swapping your phone. 

If we can help with anything else in the future, please let us know. 

stevehiggin
4: Newbie
Hi,

Apple will be swapping out the phone next week, I will remember to provide Vodafone with the updated details.

Thanks
Steve

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stevehiggin That's great to hear! Yes please do. :Smiling:

We're here to help, if you need anything in the future.

M1kos
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

VoLTE now live in some parts of the UK too Sony Xperia xz customers with Apple devices coming very soon! 

Really? I can't any information out there to confirm that VoLTE is now live. Where did you see this?