Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voda insurance returned phone broken

Andy_
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Daughter broke iPhone 7+ screen .

Vodafone agreed to cover it under insurance. Phone dropped off at Voda store. 

9 days later it's ready to collect .

The salesman opens the box, phone won't turn on .

The insurance repairer had swapped out the screen but not tested it (I assume) .Pressing the home button made handset vibrate but screen won't turn on. Salesman says he will send phone back to be repaired .

What if the repairer has broken something inside the phone. It's not a good sign I they return broken phones back to customers. Can I get them to supply a new one? I don't want future problems with the handset .

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Vodafone will be sending the iPhone to Apple Most probably to be worked On @Andy_

Vodafone as the seller of the iPhone have a duty of care to provide adequate workmanship and a working phone under the Manufacturing Warranty. 

If your iPhone turns out to be beyond economical repair then they should provide a mint refurbished iPhone in its place. 

Its unlikely they'll supply a brand new one. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

They did try to charge phone. 

Phone vibrated when home button pressed .screen would not come on, even with hard reset. 

Just spoke to lifestyle services (Voda insurance Co) who said apple are not doing the repair. A company called minova / linova do Voda repairs on apple .they are apparently apple authorised repair centre .

They say they are unable to replicate the problem. I assume shaking the phone will loosen whatever connector is the problem 1. 

They will be calling tonight / tomorrow. 12 days no phone so far. 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Andy_I fully appreciate how important it is to have a phone and am sorry to see the situation you're in. If you don't get any update on this by first thing tomorrow, please do let us know so we can get this chased up for you. 

AnnS

Hi @Andy_

Sounds nothing more than the phone needs a good charge, it's surprising the salesman didn't place the phone on a charger in the store as a fault finding process.

You would have taken the phone in for a screen replacement, the repair centre would only have removed and replaced the broken screen.