Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone 5G

Whomp_Whomp
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

What I love about Vodafone is that none of the staff appear to actually know whats going on. You can ask the same question in store, online, to the social media team, and the customer services on the phone and get four different answers 😕

I'm being sent a sim card in the post, from Vodafone customer services, who claim I can use the 5G network, at full speed, on my existing plan, without any plan change, without any upgrades, without any contract extensions, just as before.

Can anyone confirm is this is actually possible?

20 REPLIES 20

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@Whomp_Whomp 

From what I have read you'll need optimal conditions and be right near a 5G module.

You'll find all the info your looking for in 》 Vodafone.co.uk/network/5g 

Be aware I've also read that 5G can deplete the battery in the phone even when just on standby.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I visited a Vodafone 5G site this evening, yet the phone didn't pick up any 5G coverage 😕

AnnS

Hi @Whomp_Whomp 

As far as I understand the situation with 5G, you need to be on one of the latest 5G ready plans, you would be unable to access the 5G network on your existing plan and tariff.

I spoke to two different customer service agents tonight which confirmed I can use 5G on my existing plan. For a communications company, the communication amoungst staff is awful 😕

@Whomp_Whomp wrote:

I spoke to two different customer service agents tonight which confirmed I can use 5G on my existing plan. For a communications company, the communication amoungst staff is awful 😕

I can't comment on the advice your being given because of course I'm not privy to what there telling you or have any account access to look at notes.

However in the 5G link I added earlier it's clear to what it says @Whomp_Whomp 

"You'll need a 5G ready plan and a 5G phone to connect to the Vodafone 5G network. If you buy a 5G phone you won't need a new 5G SIM."

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Whomp_Whomp 

Customer Services should be able to give the correct information. It is 100 per cent correct that you will need to to be on a 5G plan with a 5G phone. 

As you have received a new SIM card it might be an idea to let the Team here on the forum look at your account and confirm if the tariff you are on includes 5G.  If this would be helpful to you follow this link: Contact the Social Media Team 

At the moment 5G is only available in selected locations, when it it more widely available, it will probably be included as standard on all price plans.  

I contacted Live Chat today, and they have confirmed I will indeed get 5G on my existing plan.

@Whomp_Whomp wrote:

I contacted Live Chat today, and they have confirmed I will indeed get 5G on my existing plan.

I'm not convinced that's exactly right @Whomp_Whomp  as per the excerpt I added into my reply earlier.

Current Phone  >

Checked with another guy on Live Chat this evening who confirmed I can use an existing plan on the 5G network.

I called customer services and spoke to a lady who then said I do not have a 5G plan (Unlimited Plan), and she connected my to the upgrade team to get an upgrade done.

I was then put through to a guy in Ireland who said I don't need to upgrade because 5G is available on my existing Vodafone Red plan (Not the 5G Unlimited Plan).

I mean seriously, I know 5G is pretty new but can someone actually tell me what is going on!