Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Account Closed, No Written Confirmation From Vodafone

Rederic7
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Everyone,

Just after a bit of advice regarding a closed account. I moved from Vodafone in June after many years with them migrating my number to my new network using the PAC vodafone emailed to me. I have seen that the normal procedure is that Vodafone should finalise all monies owed via direct debit then issue a final £0 bill and then send a letter confirming that the account is clear and closed. My last standard bill payment was taken via direct debit then I received a minimal bill via email for just £1.34  which was taken by direct debit on 4th July. I have not received a letter confirming my account is closed, nor a physical final £0 bill. Concerned that Vodafone are not closing down my account correctly I have phoned customer services several times to be told all is fine (no monies owing, account closed). I have also used the chat service and they state the same. I explained my concerns regarding my account not being closed down correctly as I had not received any correspondence and they just said `Don`t worry, all is fine`. As I had not received a £0 bill I requested this be sent to me and after several online chats on 1st August they finally emailed the bill dated 22nd July showing £0 balance. During the chats I expressed my concerns moving forward regarding Vodafone defaulting people who owe them nothing and explained that I didn`t want this to happen to Me. I was told to be assured this wouldn`t happen as my account was clear and closed but when I asked for a letter confirming this I was told I wouldn`t be getting one as the £0 emailed bill was proof, as was the online chat transcripts (which have saved). I also asked when Vodafone would update my credit files with the details of the account being closed and complete, they said immediately but that is not the case, as of yet no credit file update by Vodafone.

So as of yet I have no written confirmation that my account is closed and I only got what I presume is the £0 last bill via email after hours of online chats.

Do I need to take any further action or should I just wait and see what happens?

Thanks for any advice.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Rederic7

yes please keep all the documentation you've been currently sent. 

I totally appreciate your concerns as some have had issues with problems with their credit file. 

It can take up to 30 working

days for the credit file to update. Experian can also help and advise. 

We have a Social Media Team here who read all posts and help where they can so please let them catch up with your post and I'm sure that they will help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Rederic7

I am quite sure you have nothing to worrry about.

As you have now received confirmation of the account closure, Vodafone should stop reporting on your credit file.  Please remember that your credit file will be updated at 30 day intervals.

If you have any further enquiries, please come back to the forum, you will always be welcome.

Thanks for the quick replies,

I`m just concerned due to the lack of Vodafone`s Customer service abilities and their refusal to provide written confirmation of account closure, even though this is the procedure they should be following I believe.

My direct debit to them remains active and I don`t wish to cancel it incase they decide further down the line I owe them money, even though I don`t.

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

That £0.00 bill you eventually managed to prise out of them has akways been quoted here as absolute proof that your Vodafone account is closed, and therefore you should be able to cancel the direct debit safely.   However if you feel that you'd rather leave it active for a while to be on the safe side then please keep a very close eye on your bank account, and remember that if Vodafone actually do take money to which they are no longer entitled then getting it back is likely to be a highly protracted process unless you do it via your bank and the direct debit guarantee.   Whatever else you do, don't lose that bill !

You are quite right in that their administrative processes are severely broken and nobody seems to care.   Hopefully this will eventually change, but in the meantime taking precautions is a wise move. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rederic7 If you'd like some peace of mind regarding this, we'd be happy to help. :smileyhappy:

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch - our team will be able to check on everything for you. 

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply, however I`ve opened the private message and where it says`click here` there`s nothing/no tab to click on so it`s unresponsive.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rederic7 - It sounds like you may be clicking the preview of the message from us.

I’ve sent you another private message. To view it fully, please select the header from the subject that reads ‘-Click here to view full Private Message’.

Hi Gemma,

Thanks for your reply,

I eventually realised I wasn`t opening the message correctly and managed to do so succesfully in the end, sorry - forum novice:manembarrassed:

I completed the form and I was in email contact with another Mod yesterday who confirmed my account was closed with a £0.00 balance, just waiting to hear back with regards to a query on credit file updating, whether Vodafone just stop reporting on the account or whether they are supposed to report the account as closed.

Thanks for the help to date, it`s much appreciated.