cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Amazon Prime Video subscription will not cancel - Amazon Prime upgrade blocked

sophos9
10: Established

Hi,

Hoping I can get some support on this as I've spent over 9 hours in calls and chats with Amazon and Vodafone. I had a Amazon Prime Video subscription as part of an old RED package. I've since upgraded to Vodafone Unlimited.

I want to upgrade my Amazon account to Prime but its blocked because Vodafone has the Prime Video subscription enabled. Numerous calls and chats to Vodafone, Voda say I have no subscription to Amazon Prime Video whilst Amazon tech backend services team say there is absolutly an active subscription which they cannot change or remove because its linked to Vodafone.

So I'm stuck in the middle of Vodafone saying I have no subscription and Amazon saying Vodafone does have an active subscription - I'm blocked and cannot do anything.

Heeeeeelp

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @sophos9 

It might be worth following this link How do I cancel my Prime Video subscription with Vodafone? and see if anything comes up on the cancellation link.

However, if you changed plan, the Amazon Prime you have on your old account should have automatically been cancelled with Vodafone.

It might just be worth you getting in contact with the Team here on the forum, they will have the necessary account access to help.  Follow this link: Contact Us 

sophos9

Hi @AnnS

I wish it was that simple - offer.vodafone.com shows not Amazon Prime Subscription (see attachment in first post) - thats the core of the problem. Voda says no sub, Amazon says definitly a sub.

I'll try the Team link, thanks for that - getting really frustrating the amount of hours I've put into this.

sophos9

I'll keep this up to date in case anyone else experiences the same.

Twitter team were on it and actioned a plan migration, that all went through ok and checked Amazon again - nothing.

Problem still exists - hopefully more news soon.

Hi. Did you ever sort this as I have the exact same issue and it’s driving me crazy!!!

Yes it was sorted. Vodafone removed all services which refresh on a 30 day cycle - I waited and even after 30 days, nothing. Prime still blocked.

I went through Amazon tech support who required proof that Vodafone had removed all services, I shared a screen grab of the Twitter DM's and within 24 hours of receiving them, Amazon manually removed the subscription.

The issue seems to have been on Amazons backend services. It was a painful resolve but sorted - hope it works for you.

Thank you. Yes I hope so too as I just can't see how it's so bloody difficult! 

Never again though will I make an error like this! 

Thanks for your time in replying. 

Mark.