Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone App Reporting Wrong Usage Stats

Jambo1872
4: Newbie

Just checked the my Vodafone app. Used about 20gb of data this month. The app is stating I have used 6166gb of data. Obviously an error in the system. Does anybody else have erroneous usage stats this morning? I know they always carry out maintenance through the night Saturday into Sunday. 

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jambo1872 

I notice on your previous thread here: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Notification-quot-Vodafone-has-turned-off-4g-calling-quo...

that you changed your contract last month.

The reason for the strange usage on the Application is due to the tariff change and pro ratered charging for the first month.  When your bill has been produced for this month, the application will have caught up with the new tariff and will be able to give a breakdown of usage.

If there are still problems after receiving the bill for this month, this will be something the forum team will be able to investigate. 

Hi Ann, thanks for your response but its nothing to do with the bill. The app was displaying correctly yesterday: used 20gb of data. This morning it is telling me i have used 6166gb of data (6.1tb!!!). Obviously I have not used 6tb of data overnight. 

BandOfBrothers

I agree a phone would have to go some to use 6TB of data overnight @Jambo1872 

Does it show differently via your myvodafone online option ?

What shows in your phones own data monitor if it has one ?

Customer services  could clarify for you at their end.

Or even the Vodafone Social Media Teams 》

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My account and app are both showing 6166gb of data usage. 

my phone (iPhone) shows 40gb of data usage since new on 10th December. 

Yesterday I was on the app when I was at home and connected to wifi, it showed 20gb or usage for this billing period. I am always connected to wifi when at home. This morning the app is now showing the 6166gb of data used. Its 100% an error on the Vodafone end. I wouldnt even use 6tb of data on my home broadband connection. 

My only concern is that if Vodafone think I am breaching TOS or fair usage on the unlimited plan I have. 

if it doesn't correct itself I will need to get in touch with then I think. 

BandOfBrothers

Yes Vodafone can and will act if they see this as a breach of their fair use policy so it is best to at least ask them to check their end, and as importantly make notes on your account so everyone with account access can see that this has been highlighted by you the account holder.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Jambo1872 

When I replied to your post the first thing that came to mind was a contract change, the Application would need to catch up and can't cope with a contract and price plan change. The Application may correct iteself tomorrow, try logging in next time using mobile data.

Where unlimited with Vodafone is concerned there is no fair usage policy for UK use, it just needs to be for your personal and non commercial use, and you shouldn't have anything to be concerned about.

A further thought is if mobile data was left on and the WiFi dropped, the phone would have reverted to using mobile data but that amount of used data  is unreasonable.

Lets see what comes up with Customer Services.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I've taken a look into this @Jambo1872 and it looks like there was an error affecting some of our Unlimited customers on Sunday (8 December). Those affected would see 6000GB on their My Vodafone app - please don't worry as here at Vodafone our plans are truly unlimited! This will be a visual error on the app and should have been resolved later that day :Thumbs_Up:

If you're still seeing this error with your data, please re-load the app.