Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone BB - LLU only?

graham72
4: Newbie

Are Vodafone just planning on using exchanges that have old Cable and Wireless LLU hardware that they've inherited? ie just these exchanges in Wales:

https://www.samknows.com/broadband/llu/exchanges/bulldog?filterby=r.name&filtervalue=Wales

these  in Scotland

https://www.samknows.com/broadband/llu/exchanges/bulldog?filterby=r.name&filtervalue=Scotland

etc etc

No one seems to know if there is a plan as to which exchanges (if any) get enabled next.

9 REPLIES 9

graham72
4: Newbie

>400 views and no one knows?

:smileysad:

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@graham72 We're investigating this and will post back to this thread when we have an answer. :smileyhappy:

OK but I'm still surprised no one knows what the plans are. I can understand starting with the Cable and Wireless LLU enabled exchanges.However, this only gives Vodafone a relatively small coverage in terms of number of exchanges. I imagine the plan is either put LLU equipment in the other exchanges or simply use the TT/BT Wholesale equipment in them. I think I read somewhere that it was more likely to be the latter. Whatever it is, nothing much has happened yet.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@graham72

Unfortunately we haven't got any further updates yet.

As soon as we do, we'll be in touch on this thread.

I guess no one at Vodafone knows (it has been two and a half weeks).

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@graham72

As @Becca_P mentioned, as soon as there's further news we'll let you know.

Sam Knows shows that our exchange does not have Vodafone LLU, we have had VF Connect for the last 18 months on the “up to 17Mb” connection. This is in fact a 40Mb VDSL connection caped by the router to 20Mb. I suspect this is the main reason VF do not allow the use of 3rd party routers.

Thanks. That's interesting. I guess your exchange is one where VF is using (highly throttled) TT/BT Wholesale.

"As @Becca_P mentioned, as soon as there's further news we'll let you know."

Never heard anything