Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Disraceful Lying Customer Service

nothappyatall1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I wanted to share what happened to me so no one makes the same mistake i did.

I called up Vodafone for a upgrade deal but the deals were not great so i declined. I took out a new contract with mobiles.co.uk. I spoke to a rep of vodafone on the live chat about leaving and the process etc. During this conversation i was offered a deal to match the contract i had just taken with mobiles.co.uk albeit at a slightly higher price. I was told by the Vodafone rep to cancel with mobiles.co.uk as i was within my 30 day period. After agreeing the deal with the Vodafone rep who told me everything is ok and i will recieve confirmation. I cancelled my contract with mobiles.co.uk.

I spoke to three vodafone reps using online chat to confirm the deal i had been given and accepted but guess what none of them could see any details. I thought i would call up Vodafone instead. You've guessed it they too had no idea of this phantom offer. 

Its a good thing i had the original chat transcript emailed to me regarding the original upgrade deal i was given. I even sent this over to the last person i spoke to but they could not honour the deal i was given.

Because of vodafone i have had to cancel a contract with mobiles.co.uk, they cant match what they promised me.

This is a digrace and im appalled at the way they have treated me. Even after sending them the proof of the deal that was offered to me they have said they cant match it.

Why tell me to cancel a contaract if your not going to hold up your end of the bargain.

Ridiculous behaviour from vodafone

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @nothappyatall1 

I'm not surprised your unhappy at this situation.

It does sound like the agent has overstepped their remit which I fully understand has messed you around but until Vodafone process the offer then that's what it is i.e an offer which can be rescinded if they want.

Not fair I agree.

You could try the Complaints  procedure.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @nothappyatall1 

The best way to get this clarified will be letting the Team here on the forum provide the necessary account access and find out exactly what has been agreed.  If you follow this link the message will go straight to the Team:  Contact us for account specific queries

For a quick reply include a copy and pasted link to this thread.

When Vodafone give a retention deal as you would have been given, as the discount or extra is exclusive for each customer, they have to take a standard tariff and add the discount, extra data etc.  When you contacted live chat after making the agreement they would only have been able to see the tariff at the full rate.

Within the first week Vodafone should have sent you an email with details of the offer, if this has not been received, this will also be something for the Team to investigate.

The online account and phone application should give you information on your discount.

I hope this will get solved for you.