Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Fibre Broadband Customer Service

glendvd
3: Seeker

Have been with Sky Broadband for a number of years, and with Sky TV on their top package for years, paying them a handsome amount every month.  Tried to upgrade to their fibre broadband, but was rather disappointed to see they had a £50.00 connection fee, even for someone who simply wanted to upgrade their current broadband which was already with Sky.  Seems rather unfair to me.  And after several attempts, couldn't persuade them to waibe that fee.

Anyway, I'm also a long time Vodafone customer, and stumbled across the fact they also do fibre broadband, so on the online chat, asked them what deals they had.  They then proceeded to give me 6 months free 76mbps, 6 months free Netflix, they waived the £39.00 connection fee, and gave me a £50.00 credit on my account into the bargain.  So not only do I not pay to get Vodafone's fibre broadband, they're actually paying me!  And their reason behind such a good offer?  "Because you're a loyal Vodafone customer".

Just thought it was worth mentioning, seeing as you see on these pages alot of negative feedback about customer service, it's nice to see that someone actually values their long standing customers who pay a lot of money to them, unlike Sky who could not have cared less if they tried.  Top marks to Vodafone on this occasion.

11 REPLIES 11

Nabs
17: Community Champion

That's fantastic to hear @glendvd

Have you had it installed yet? What do you think? 

It's worth remembering that Vodafone will be launching TV soon as well so maybe they will be able to convince you to move away from Sky altogether :smileywink:

@Nabs wrote:

That's fantastic to hear @glendvd

Have you had it installed yet? What do you think? 

It's worth remembering that Vodafone will be launching TV soon as well so maybe they will be able to convince you to move away from Sky altogether :smileywink:

I haven't yet, 8th April, and having never had fibre before, looking forward to it immensely. I've actually just had Sky Q installed and, despite my loathing of Sky's treatment of existing customers (it's been like that for years by the way, never any good deals for existing customers), I do love their TV and especially their new Q system.  If only they had the same view on loyal customers as Vodafone.  This is not the 1st time I've had good experiences with Vodafone giving me extra I must admit.  They're very good.

Nabs

Fibre made a massive difference for me, don't think I could possibly go back to standard broadband now!

You'll have to make sure and let us know how your fibre installation experience is and how you find the new speeds 🙂

Sky Q does look good, though a bit on the pricey side for me.

Vodafone have some failings (as with all big companies) but they've always been good to me when I've upgraded and always fixed issues quickly when they've come up, probably the only reason i'm still around after 14 years.

I personally don't have any problem with advertising offers for new customers, but they should be at least able to match it for existing customers, Vodafone have always been able to do that for me :smileyhappy:

@Nabs wrote:

Fibre made a massive difference for me, don't think I could possibly go back to standard broadband now!

You'll have to make sure and let us know how your fibre installation experience is and how you find the new speeds 🙂

Sky Q does look good, though a bit on the pricey side for me.

Vodafone have some failings (as with all big companies) but they've always been good to me when I've upgraded and always fixed issues quickly when they've come up, probably the only reason i'm still around after 14 years.

I personally don't have any problem with advertising offers for new customers, but they should be at least able to match it for existing customers, Vodafone have always been able to do that for me :smileyhappy:

As promised, an update on the broadband installation.  I must admit I'm pretty blown away by the quality of it so far.  The download speeds are like nothing i've ever experienced before, so I'm a very happy Vodafone customer at the moment!

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@glendvd wrote:

having never had fibre before, looking forward to it immensely.

@glendvd It is worth the wait.

Once you have Fibre Optic you will never look back. I use Virgin Media 200Mbps and when I am abroad and get stuck using local internet connections it is like going back to the old Dial-Up days.

Although we have a long way to go compared with Singapore, when I am there I can get a 1Gbps connection.

glendvd

And also something else worth bearing in mind.  You go onto Sky's website, and they offer half price broadband and lower installation fee for new customers, but NOTHING for existing customers, full price all the way.  Yet Vodafone, without all the good offers I got, are knocking £5.00 off for existing customers.  Vodafone have it the right way round for me.  Why should new customers who've never paid them a penny get all the good deals while all those of us who've paid them a fortune over the years get nothing?

glendvd

I shall come back on and let you know how I find it.  

Anything above 5mbps which I have at present will do for me!!

MadMark
1: Seeker

So I have the total reverse of your example! I'm an existing Vodafone Mobile and Broadband customer, plus my company has a corporate account - so I was first surprised when they barred my new iPhone (a replacement for an existng one) - because they had transferred me off monthy billing and decided to out me on pay as you go. Despite never being asked to do this or agreeing to the changes in terms and conditions. To add insult to injury - I also had to clear the outstanding balance on the spot to have my phone unbarred. So imagine my surprise at what happened when I decided to upgrade to 76Mbps Fibre .......

So I made the call last Wednesday morning (just over a week ago from now), agreed to the £49 connection fee (!) and got confirmation of my order number just over 48hrs later (last Friday), but yesterday I get an e-mail to say that my activation has been cancelled! Tonight I go and try to check online - but it says my order number is invalid and the wait to talk to an adviser is 24 minutes ....

What on earth is going on? Vodafones systems and customer service seems to have gone to hell - anyone else experienced this? I'm seriously thinking of just leaving and taking everything to a competitor .......

Hi @MadMark

To help you further please speak to our broadband team on 08080 044 848 and they will get this looked into for you. Alternatively please speak to our Live Chat team here  who will be able provide you further updates with this.

Khizar