Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Mis-selling

hossy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been a customer of Vodafone for over 30 years, holding multiple lines (used by family) on monthly contracts. Two weeks ago (on 4/09/2018) I was about to renew two of my three lines on monthly contracts (Samsung S9) after a conversation with a Vodafone adviser (called Jonathan) who, in my opinion, engaged in a serious mis-selling. Luckily, I had to think about one small aspect of the two deals overnight and he said he would call me back the next morning. I asked him to make notes on my account, of the details discussed, in case we can't speak and I have to talk to another adviser. By the next morning, I discovered that he had been trying to con me with figures and also sell me something that didn't exist (as confirmed by Vodafone itself). When I asked detailed questions from him the next morning, suddenly his computer had stopped working and he couldn't direct me to relevant information on the Vodafone website !! Anyway, as he knew that I had recording of the call from the previous day, he had to admit to, at least part of the mis-selling. I asked to speak to a manager and eventually a 'senior adviser' (Nicola) from the in-life retentions team came on the line. I said I was complaining about a serious mis-selling and if Vodafone did not deal with it I would talk about it online. She said she would listen to the two calls the same day and will call me back the same day but she never called me. Incidentally, the original chap who hadn't even given me his correct name, hadn't made ANY notes on 4th Sept, of all the things that we had discussed (for over an hour), which was not surprising.

Since then I have spoken to about 10 people at Vodafone but they don't seem to care and keep asking you to wait and fob you off, hoping that you would give up. After 12 days the two calls haven't been listened to, even though according to the advisers call listening takes only up to 48 hours (and NOT 12 days). I have been promised SEVERAL TIMES that someone from Customer Relations team would call me back within 24-48 hours but nobody has called. You can't even reach Customer Relations and nobody would transfer you to that team directly. All the above information is factual and I have recording of the calls, made with the advisers' knowledge.

It's shocking that Vodafone still doesn't take mis-selling seriously despite being fined by Ofcom £4.6m for " ...mis-selling, inaccurate billing and poor customer handling procedures. " and ... for serious and sustained breaches of customer protection rules... " I am now considering a complaint to the Ofcom and will send them the recordings.

Vodafone's extremely poor customer service is already well documented and I have suffered from it many times. I have several other bad experiences that will share with the World Wide Web one by one. I have been extremely patient with Vodafone over the past two weeks and all I have had from them in return is to ignore me. It seems customer loyalty means nothing to them.

1 REPLY 1

Shafiq786
1: Seeker

They did same with me. 

Please follow the instructions in my attaced photos. 

Thanks