Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Reporting Closed Account On Credit File

MJS1996
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Long story short I took a contract out with Vodafone last year in December. I decided I did not like the handset and went ahead with the return on a change of mind and cancelled the contract. To my knowledge the account was closed.

have been trying for a mortgage recently and Vodafone has flagged up, since December they have been reporting the account as still open but with a balance of £0. I have spoken to Livechat and they have told me my account no longer exists with Vodafone and I get the usual run around about how there is nothing they can do.

How can a company like Vodafone be doing this? Please can someone help and provide details for the best department to contact, I have already called Vodafone directly and they have told me the account is closed and I should contact the credit agency, however I know that if I do this they are going to tell me to contact Vodafone!

3 REPLIES 3

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MJS1996 We're more than happy to look into this for you. Please send us your details via the private message I've sent. 

I’m having the exact same problem, account closed 14 months ago, but still showing as active, there was a credit on the account that i was unaware of, but that has since been paid back to me, but account still live despite asking for it to be closed off.

a contact number would be appreciated to be able to speak to someone.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Clifty4 It's disappointing to hear you're having problems with your credit file. We'll be more than happy to take a look into this for you 😊 

Please see the private message I've sent you, with details on how to get in touch with our team. We'll then be able to help you further.