Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Spend Limit reached - Pay4it

krisscott
4: Newbie

Hi,

I use my mobile contract to add funds to my playstation wallet as its easier with it all coming off on one bill.

However when i try to do this now it says my Vodaphone spend limit has been reached, however i have not used this method for approx two months.

Customer service have been no help, can anyone point me in the right direction?

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @krisscott

If this is the charge to bill then the figures I believe are >

Per Transaction: £30.00

Limit Per Day: £50.00

Limit Per Month: £50.00

It is customer service on 191 or Live Chat that needs to help you with this. Try another agent via 191 is my advice. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I never had a limit of £50 per month previously. See attached

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Here's the faqs on spending limits. 

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Account-bill-and-top-up/Charge-to-Bill/899154052/Is-there-a-limit-on-h...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, is this new?

on my June bill i charged £330 to my account.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@krisscott As far as we're aware this isn't a new feature - it seems strange that you were able to spend £330 in a month. 

To my knowledge, @BandOfBrothers has provided the correct information above. :smileyhappy:

You can review your transactions on BOKU going to their helpdesk

https://boku.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

i checked mine and it shows all the transactions are rejected even though it doesn’t come close to any of the stated limits, there’s definitely a bug in the internal Vodafone billing system.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MattyHop Thanks for bringing this to our attention 😊

It's very unusual to hear, so I've raised it to be looked into.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime. 

Hi Colleen,

Yes please - the problem still exists.

I've attached the statement from BOKU.  You can see that my payforit spotify payments go through no problem, whereas the payments to MMOGA fail every time.  You can see that the date range is well over a month and my account has plenty of credit, so there must be a bug in your gateway?  Can you take a look at those transaction ids and tell me why they fail please?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MattyHop Is this happening when you're going through Sony to attempt to use the Boku service?

If so, I've quoted my above statement to another Community user regarding this. 

'Sony have set the monthly spend limit on Vodafone to £10 when using the 'Charge to Bill' service (via Boku 3rd party).'

I can see on the screenshot you've provided that every failed transaction is over £10 whereas Spotify is under at £9.99 - this does sound like the reason your payments will be failing. 

We're unable to alter this spend limit as it's not been put in place by ourselves.