Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Spend Limit reached - Pay4it

krisscott
4: Newbie

Hi,

I use my mobile contract to add funds to my playstation wallet as its easier with it all coming off on one bill.

However when i try to do this now it says my Vodaphone spend limit has been reached, however i have not used this method for approx two months.

Customer service have been no help, can anyone point me in the right direction?

16 REPLIES 16

I'm having issues adding funds to my playstation account via vodafone, vodafone says it sony. Sony says its vodafone or boku, Boku hasn't responded. What gives here? there must be an issue somewhere? £10 per month limit is ridiculous.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@magstauk We stand by our previous comments mentioned by @Alex The £10 spend limit for the Playstation Network purchases (Via Boku) was brought out by Sony themselves. Due to this, we're unable to amend the limit we can charge to bill. For further information on this you'll need to speak with Sony directly. 

I can appreciate you've been advised otherwise, the information we've given is accurate to the best of our knowledge.

Mobile payments still not working on ps4 and I have tried changing everything but no luck and even online there is no solution from either Sony or Vodafone actually explaining why it is not working in 2022 anyone have any ideas feel free to let me know thank you 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

If the payment takes your spending to higher than your spend manager limit @Vinyl1, your payment will be rejected. This is included in all plans to help our customers manage their bills and avoid any unmanageable bills. You may also have a spending bar added to your account. This would prevent you paying for any purchases/services through your mobile account. Both your Spend manger limit and Payment bar can be lifted through the My Vodafone app. If you've checked and neither of these are preventing you making the purchases through your PS4, pop our Social Media team a message, we'll be happy to take a look and get everything sorted for you. 

CraigRichardson
1: Seeker

I’m having the same issue been using the service for ages and it’s suddenly stopped working, haven’t used it for about 3 months as it hasn’t worked but still get the error message that I’ve gone up to my spend limit when I haven’t!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CraigRichardson Sony have set the monthly spend limit on Vodafone to £10 when using the 'Charge to Bill' service (via Boku 3rd party).

If you're trying to spend more than £10, this will be why you're experiencing issues. 

The BOKU Service connected to Vodafone has got a bug in it.  It’s been down for weeks.  MMOGA payments are always rejected.  It’s a shme the system is so flakey as it could be really good if the service providers put some effort in to it.