Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Unlimited - Data Use in Europe

PaulJoan5
2: Seeker

Just seen the new unlimited plans launched today.

The launch site says that there is a 25GB cap when in Europe:

"When taking your plan abroad, your data will cap at 25GB – but you can buy additional data if you need to."

However, the link takes you to the 'Global Roaming' page which states

"We don’t restrict your roaming data with a set daily or monthly limit like other networks do. "

However this is not mentioned anywhere on the main site.

When checking the roaming section under Pay Monthly for France (for example)

"Get 4G data speeds – unlike some providers, we don’t slow your data connection or cap your data allowance"

Can someone provide some clarification on this point as the Vodafone website is presently wildly contradictory? 

6 REPLIES 6

chistery
16: Advanced member

The plans only launched today, I think it's going to take a bit of time to get every web page updated now Vodafone have added a FUP when roaming. on these plans.

It's clear on the new unlimited plans there's a 25GB FUP.

gjb7

Fair usage policy
All our Unlimited plans include a fair usage policy – so when you use your mobile data abroad in our Roam-free and Roam-further destinations, you’ll have a maximum 25GB of data per month. If you reach this 25GB data limit, you’ll have two options to get more data: either wait for your monthly plan to refresh, or buy additional roaming data. We’ll notify you by text message when you’ve used 80% of your data allowance, and again when you’ve used 100%, followed by options to buy more data. Additional data can be bought by text message at a cost of £3.95 for 1GB or £19.75 for 5GB.

I am mightily angry with vodafone, I asked a direct question on data limits Europe to the salesman and online salesman about any data caps whilst roaming in Europe, and I was categorically assured that I would be able to use all my data plan in Europe, just like my previous 2 contracts.

I have been lied too, and am now tied into 10 more months, I travel extensively in Europe, I very rarely make calls or texts, but was assured that this is the best way to achieve my essential data requirement.

How on earth do I redress this.

chistery

Vodafone make it very clear online that it's not unlimited when roaming though.

Have you got chat transcripts that say it's unlimited when roaming, that would help if you raised a complaint?

So Vodafone record all their calls..I asked specifically online about roaming restrictions, and I was told it was exactly the same as my old 40gb deal.

I used to make vf send me this info in writing, but I have got used to my data being unlimited in europe, so foolishly I trusted that they had not moved the goal posts

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @martynemail - thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you've been misadvised and we'll be happy to take a look into what you were promised. 

So one of our team can investigate further for you, please get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Please provide a link to this thread, along with your username; so you won't have to explain yourself again.