Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Wallet Support.

Rs101
4: Newbie

Seems like another great idea from Vodafone has been let down by utterly inadequate support.

I've been using the app for a couple of months and it suddenly decided to block my card without any warning. 

I called support in Thursday who couldn't see why it was blocked and couldn't reset it. He had to escalate it to the technical team who would get back to me within 24-48 hours.

Today's Saturday and I'd not heard anything so called again. No update and the technical team don't work weekends at all, so I now have to wait until at least Monday to find out why my card doesn't work, or whether there's been any security problems with it.

There aren't any supervisors available nor do they have a complaints procedure at all 

This concerns me on a few levels...

1. No technical support at weekends, when usage will be high.

2. No info available on potential fraudulent use at all.

3. The person couldn't understand my point that if I'm told on a Thursday that I'd be updated within 48 hours, then waiting until Monday would miss that target...

And one final moan - I have no problem with overseas call centres, but please insist they use a decent VOIP connection so it's actually possible to communicate easily!!!

43 REPLIES 43

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Well that's just plain weird, @thesoupdragon. Sorry, I missed the bit about the Note 1.   It would be useful to know how compatibility testing works - you'd think the app itself would look at the system, ask "can I do this?" and, if it can, get on with it.   If not, then it would report that.   Does it actually look at the make and model and give up at that point?

6 days later and still nothing from the Wallet support team as to why my account is blocked or when it'll work again.

A supervisor told me yesterday that they've had a lot of complaints about security blocks and the time it takes to fix them!

@Natasha - can you help at all please?

Vodafone wallet have no updates whatsoever about my blocked account. Nor, according to 2 different agents, do they have any complaints procedure at all, other than adding a note to my account.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RS01 - I’m sorry it’s taking so long to get resolved.

I’ve escalated this and we’ll be back in touch as soon as we’ve an update.

Thanks Gemma. It's frustrating as the customer facing support team don't appear to have the tools or backup from other departments to actually do their job.

It's not gone well since I joined Vodafone in April really - I think there have been billing issues every month so far, now this!

I've also tried emailing and asking for their formal complaints procedure - response... we've requested it. 

Given that the card operations appear to be a UK registered bank - Raphael & Sons - it's extremely concerning they have no idea how complaints are supposed to be processed.  I'm not the the FCA would look kindly on this sort of behaviour.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rs101 We'd like to take a closer look into this for you.

So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details to contact us directly. A member of the team will then be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks @Natasha . Responded to your PM.

By the way, there is an https version of the link you sent me. Surely that should be used instead of the unencrypted one? Otherwise we're passing security details in the clear...

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks @Rs101, I can see we received your email.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Well that was a complete waste of time. 

Social media team called me, discussed the details and then just put me through to normal wallet support. That was immediately after I said don't put me through to them because they can't help.

Now logging a formal complaint with Vodafone about this.