Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone app not working after port

kylesayers
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Since porting my number from EE the Vodafone app doesn't work. It gives me message 'we're having a few technical difficulties at the moment. We're working hard to get things sorted'. I've uninstalled and re installed. I've cleared my iCloud backup. I've turned off and on. I've rang customer services who said they couldn't help.

The my account section of the website works fine, just not the app. Any ideas?
18 REPLIES 18

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @kylesayers

If you have not received your first bill after porting the number, the application will be unable to calculate your usage.  

If the application still does not work after receiving your next bill, please come back to the forum.

The above is not true, i have been a vodafone customer for 10 months and I am having this issue. Please read the forum and you will see that many long time customers are having major issues with the app. Seems like many excuses are being used, number port, android 7.0, ios, icloud etc. SOunds all like stalling tactics. They dont have a clue of what is wrong

I would also like to add that even if it was a port issue, which i dont believe it is, the app should work. This is how to keep track of minutes, texts and data. What is the alternative, logging on to a pc and receiving a text message with a  code, so laborious and outdated. I have been with a few other providers and using the app is like the most basic thing that works without a problem. So why cant vodafone sort this out! They somehow seem to think that it is acceptable that the app does not work, Very annoying

BandOfBrothers

Although not the same way as using the app there is....

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Internet/Vodafone-apps/My-Vodafone-app/40384948/How-do-I-keep-track-o...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, well aware of that, but when will the app get fixed ? Thats the issue that needs to be resolved!

BandOfBrothers

I'm just trying to offer interim options.  :Sad_face:

We are fellow customers who hsve responded thus far so cannot answer that specific question. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

garymac108
4: Newbie
I spoke to 191 yesterday, after being transfered about a bit (without the operators doing a handover so had to go through security questions twice!) nobody has a clue that it doesn't work and nobody can contact the mobile app team. They are completely un contactable apparently!

I asked whether VF would credit me any costs on my bill as I couldn't keep an accurate eye on usage etc. Couldn't get a straight answer on that one either!!

Joke company.

Exactly my thoughts. Like banging your head against a wall

Hello @garymac108

I understand your frustration at this. 

Are you able to log into your account through the official website log in?

Louise